What's to eat? Sunday 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simply a sliced tomato. I had too many carbs that raised my blood sugar sky high at lunch (my big meal of the day), so I have keep them to a minimum this evening.

Enchiladas here tonight too, Kades, but I'm going the lazy way with an Enchilada casserole. I'll made a green salad and have Mexican rice too.

Here's my quote from a long ago thread on how I do my Mexican Rice. I don't like a lot of "things" in my rice either, Kades. ;)

My friend owns a Mexican restaurant and I could never get authentic Mexican rice just right until she taught me how. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to a sauce pan, and saute one cup of dry rice for a minute or two. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tsp. of cumin, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Stir and bring to the boil. Cover, and cut heat to the lowest flame. Let it simmer for 15 min. Fluff with a fork. Perfect Mexican rice.
Do not try to substitute any other tomato product.....it just won't work.
BTW, I buy tomato paste in a tube rather than by the can. It's always ready for this recipe, and others, in the fridge without opening a whole can.

just making a grilled roast beef, provolone sandwich. using sandwich roll for the bread. might put some peppers on as well. it is hot here and i have been sewing for several hours. not into to much prep. lemon drop cookies and tapioca pudding for dessert.

Leftovers. BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Three Bean Salad. Maybe Cake and Ice Cream later.

Quick and easy tonight. James had pizza and I am having buffalo wings. The interesting thing is, the WalMart brand buffalo wings are just as good (actually better I think) as Pizza Hut's hot wings, and SO much cheaper. :cool:

I made roast chicken. Cut out the back bone and placed the bird out flat on top of celery, carrots, and onions. Seasoned the skin side with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted at 400 degrees then finished at 450 to crisp-up the skin. Stuffing and green & yellow beans for the sides.

Back
Top Bottom