What's to eat? Sunday 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Today is Ma's Sunday and I'll have a young helper.:) Cade is going to help me make enchalladas. We are planing on chciken and cheese with both tomatillo sauce and a mole. Mexican white rice, and refried beans. a fruit salad and salsa with chips as a starter. Strawberry shortcake to end it all.
What plans do you have?
kadesma:)

Probably having smoked meat sandwiches (a Montreal specialty) from Abies (really good, better than from Schwarts, in my opinion).

I'm not up for cooking with the injured finger. DH is excited/anxious about starting new job tomorrow, so he won't be in a state to cook either.

I'll be reheating the stew I made last night shortly. Tonight I might make loco moco.

Chicken breasts "something" as I am in the mood for them and the fresh rosemary on the porch is smelling awfully good. Will probably do something with that and garlic, white wine, etc. Thought about making a yellow squash-zucchini side dish and, perhaps, something pasta. Maybe orzo.

When I get off the computer, I'm going to put together an orange chiffon cake for dessert. With any luck it'll last most of the week but, with the look on Glenn's face when I mentioned it.....

Making chicken broth for the freezer, chicken will be used to make ala king to use up the last of the diced pimentos.

Today is Ma's Sunday and I'll have a young helper.:) Cade is going to help me make enchalladas. We are planing on chciken and cheese with both tomatillo sauce and a mole. Mexican white rice, and refried beans. a fruit salad and salsa with chips as a starter. Strawberry shortcake to end it all.
What plans do you have?
kadesma:)

What is "Mexican White Rice"?

Beef short ribs in a chipotle green chili sauce, black beans and rice.

Craig

What is "Mexican White Rice"?
Hi Patty, its a recipe I make for the kids and for me:) I'm not into rice that's sloppy with things. This is my favorite way to make it. I just saute a chopped onion and garlic in butter add my rice and chicken broth. Let the rice go til done and serve with additional butter. It's so easy and tastes wonderful.
kades

Hi Patty, its a recipe I make for the kids and for me:) I'm not into rice that's sloppy with things. This is my favorite way to make it. I just saute a chopped onion and garlic in butter add my rice and chicken broth. Let the rice go til done and serve with additional butter. It's so easy and tastes wonderful.
kades

Thanks. I googled it after I asked. I found MANY different recipes.:chef:

Thanks. I googled it after I asked. I found MANY different recipes.:chef:
To be honest I've never looked for a recipe that is like this one. It's so darn easy and tastes so good that I've never bothered. Glad you mentioned it. I can now go and hunt. Tahanks Patty.
kades:)

Yum, kades. I think that'll be one of tonight's sides for us. Glenn loves all the ingredients. I could even do it ahead and just warm it.
Good idea Katie. I've done it when there is a reasonable amount left over the next day. It's wonderful rewarmed.
kades

Taking advantage of the sunshine here in Ohio and grilling ribeye steaks with a red wine mushroom sauce, glazed carrots and herb-roasted potatoes.

Taking advantage of the sunshine here in Ohio and grilling ribeye steaks with a red wine mushroom sauce, glazed carrots and herb-roasted potatoes.

That'll work.

I'm going to make green beans with bacon and onion with my loco moco, too. And I may even make a salad. I'm getting hungry early tonight.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 170
kades

It sounds good, but I don't see the Mexican connection.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom