What's up for this frigid Tuesday, 1/12/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We're thinking potstickers with my "special sauce". I may have to cut back on the chili oil, I blew the top of my head off.

Whatcha having?

Chicken thighs sauteed with a bit of bacon and onion (and of course garlic), then finished with a pesto cream sauce and tossed with penne. Green salad and green beans on the side.

We are having neighbors over. I am making baked garlic and penzey's Turkish blend chicken thighs, baked potatoes and green beans with ham. The friends are bring bread and beer.

Frigid? We had -6*F this morning, slightly better than the -9*F of yesterday.

Last edited:
I made Cote de Boeuf tonight, using Anthony Bourdain's recipe. Topped it off with homemade Bearnaise sauce and a side of sprouts with bacon. :yum:

img_1450954_0_f6d0f229570bcc59e2029232ace2e13d.jpg

Fajitas and Spanish rice here. A big step up from last night.
Umm, with all due respect, that was a pretty low bar. :)

But you remind me, it's been too many years since I made fajitas. It used to be a once or twice a month dinner, as our daughter loved them. Pretty easy to put together after work. Time to do it again.

Wow....Steve! That looks fabulous!! :yum:

Meat loaf sandwich and a salad here tonight. 'twas good. :)

Frigidity Pigidity. I don't wanna play. So I'm not. I'm also not going out. Period.

I made white bean green bean baby tomato cucumber tuna salad with a red wine vinaigrette. A lack of a bit of parsley or any fresh herb is the only thing separating it and real summer. Oh, and I'm wearing my warmest flannel shirt in lieu of a Hawaiian shirt.

Last edited:
Umm, with all due respect, that was a pretty low bar. :)

But you remind me, it's been too many years since I made fajitas. It used to be a once or twice a month dinner, as our daughter loved them. Pretty easy to put together after work. Time to do it again.

Thanks I needed a good belly laugh tonight!:LOL:

We are having neighbors over...
When I first read this, I thought you were HAVING your neighbors for dinner...over easy? :ermm: :ohmy: Tired eyes. Good thing I kept reading your post.

A new day, a new soup. Tried another recipe, Italian Orzo Spinach soup. Himself said it was good, but that he liked last night's creamy chicken with wild rice one better...as he ladled his 3rd bowl of tonight's soup! :LOL: Meanwhile, my neighbor who has no time to make soup (working mom with two kids in sports and extra-curricular activities) but did collect our mail during the holidays stopped by just as I was finishing up today's soup. She was picking up her "payment" - ended up with a quart of the creamy chicken and a pint of the orzo! She said I didn't have to give her any more, but when I told her I had plans for cheesy cauliflower soup next week she said "ooo, I like that one!". Guess I'm making another big pot of soup! :LOL:

Not as pretty of a meal as Steve's (I think your piece of beef looks nicer than the one in Bourdain's article, btw), but we enjoyed it.

Attachments

• 2016-01-12 21.19.04.jpg
    2016-01-12 21.19.04.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I was "lucky" enough to be called for jury duty yesterday. I wouldn't mind it so much and might even enjoy doing it if the drive into downtown wasn't so bad. I'd forgotten how bad rush hour traffic was, especially when heading into downtown. What should have been no more than a 20-25 minute drive distance wise ended up being almost an hour. I REALLY feel for those that have to make the drive every day. Didn't get picked BTW. There were 30 of us for 7 spots and I was #26. Bailiff was talking to us while we were waiting to hear who got selected and told us that those of us toward the end would almost surely get to go home since they usually selected a jury from #'s 1-15.

So, since I wasn't home yesterday to do any advance prep work, we ended up with pulled pork from the freezer, coleslaw and doctored up baked beans from a can.

Back
Top Bottom