What's your best...Burger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GW, like your ideas but I want to focus this one on just one thing.. the burger (see the first post). A simple challenge, not the 3 or 4 course or multiple dish big challenges we have been doing as the GCC.

Maybe a GCC Summer Picnic would be more along the lines of what you are thinking. Could be the June GCC? :chef:

Dave

Dave;

I'm good with just the burger. I just wasn't sure what this challenge was.:cool: I'm still in. I love burgers. My only regret is that I haven't been able to re-create the burger I had in Olympia, Wa. last time I visited my son. It was done medium rare and had the texture almost of steak. It was very tender, was obviously ground, and tasted like an exceptional steak grilled over fire, with an impressive bub to match. Wow it was so good!. I've got to try and re-create that burger.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you Dave. Not all of us are interested in "multiple dish big challenges". I'm curious though why we have to wait for another thread to post on? What's wrong with this one?

You're welcome Kayelle.

Why a second thread? I figured this one would be just to see if anyone was interested, answer questions, and things like that and the the other could be for the entries and comments, that way they don't get lost in the questions about the challenge and such.

That was my thinking anyway.... :)

Here is the link to the entry thread:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f123/whats-your-best-burger-the-entries-72490.html#post1003799

Last edited:
We had some awesome burgers tonight Dave, and dang were they ever good!! We gobbled them up before I could take pictures so I guess I'll have to pass on the burger challenge, cuz this is my last night to cook before we leave on our 3 week trip. I can't wait to read all about it when I get back!
Have fun everyone!!:flowers::winkiss:

We had some awesome burgers tonight Dave, and dang were they ever good!! We gobbled them up before I could take pictures so I guess I'll have to pass on the burger challenge, cuz this is my last night to cook before we leave on our 3 week trip. I can't wait to read all about it when I get back!
Have fun everyone!!:flowers::winkiss:

A picture is optional, so please post your entry.

The ingredients and recipe are the important things, not the picture.

Some good looking and sounding entries! I'm hoping the long holiday weekend will bring out some more folks.

i don't know how to post pictures. my burger sounds plain after all the wonderful ones that are posted. but i like it . so here goes!

a pattie made from 20% ground beef. i mix in, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and black pepper. no salt but you could add if you like. i usually buy sara lee burger buns. i like that they are very soft. mayo on both sides. cook burger pattie. while it is cooking in the same pan, put whole grill chilies. most to warm them up . maybe a tiny bit brown. be sure to open the chilies out. when burger is almost done, put pepper jack cheese on it. put hot peppers on one side of bun, it will heat it up. juices make it yummy too. put cheeseburger on the other half. same premise. put together and enjoy. i call it my calif. cheeseburger because of the chilies. it is quick and yummy. i like to have a salad with the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions that would otherwise be on the burger. sometimes i like burger with a sweet pea and purple onion salad.

Mix equals parts "fresh ground" grass fed brisket, "prime" graded short ribs and 14-21 day dry aged sirloin(yes this is a $25 burger but you asked for the best, not the cheapest)
Shape loosely into 6oz patties about 4 +/- inches across. Coat each side with a bit more Kosher salt than you think it needs(my wife is very sensitive to salt...but it seems not to notice a heavily salted crust:)).
Place into a ripping hot cast iron skillet or place on a hot grill. Cook 2-3 minutes (until it releases from the grill) then flip and cook 2-4 more minutes. Just before removing from skillet or grill add 1 large pat of butter and the best cheddar cheese you can afford. Top with a slice of tomato, lettuce, bacon and a just barely cooked egg(yolk must still be runny). Place on a Martins potato roll that has been brushed with butter and grilled

My Favorite/Very Simple, But Good!

My Favorite:
1 lb freshly ground good chuck
1 t finely mince garlic
1 t sugar
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
1 t to 1T Thai Fish Sauce ( to your taste)

Mix lightly, but thoroughly. Let it marinate for 1/2 hr, then form into 4 patties.
Grill to your liking.

Add cheese, crisp bacon rashers, Srirachi mayo, and serve on toasted buns! Enjoy!

P.S I like to use Cooper Sharp for the cheese on this!

Back
Top Bottom