What's your Comfort Food Snack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like cheese and crackers. Right now I like those little wafer thin multi grain crackers from Trader Joe's with Cotswolds English cheese or white cheddar. I can munch on cheese and crackers any time.
I just had some with a cup of tea.

I love popcorn too but I rarely make that at home anymore because my hound dog goes nuts when she hears the popcorn popping (and by "going nuts" I mean she drools like crazy and she watches me like a hawk, she LUVS popcorn - I feel guilty eating it in front of her!)

warm (or cold) rice with chile paste and fish sauce. You could add basil too I guess.

Ricotta w/ something sweet. Used to be peaches when I was a kid, now I go for like strawberry jam or something.

My wife likes cream cheese and jelly, usually strawberry or grape.

When I snack on something, I grab whatever is convenient in the refrigerator. When I am needing to stuff emotions and get into filling my needs, then I tend to go heavy into carbs. I will even make corn fritters or potato pancakes. One of my favorites is to heat up a can of Campbell's tomato soup, and make bisquick feather dumplings to steam on top in the pan. Serve in a big bowl, split the dumplings and put butter, salt and pepper on them. A Carb Delight in a jiffy!

My favorite non emotional, non immediate snacks are cheese and crackers and some cut-up fruit, or grapes and berries. I love creamy cheeses on sliced baguettes that have been brushed with olive oil and oven toasted.. yum!

chips and/or ice cream. I blame the ice cream dependency on my mom, she used to take me out after getting dumped or losing a baseball game for ice cream. One other thing is biscuits with butter, also thanks to my mom. My husband just picked some up for me yesterday because I am sick at home with bronchitis. :(

One of my favorites is to heat up a can of Campbell's tomato soup, and make bisquick feather dumplings to steam on top in the pan. Serve in a big bowl, split the dumplings and put butter, salt and pepper on them. A Carb Delight in a jiffy!
SassyApples, welcome! You are the second person I've ever met in my life (or online) that likes dumplings in tomato soup. It sounds comforting. Thanks for reminding me. ~Bliss

I don't snack often, but when I really need some comfort, my favorite is a grilled cheese sandwich with crispy bacon and thin-sliced avocado. It's like fat layered between buttered toast, but oh so good!

If I have a bad cold, I like to eat almost scalding hot chicken noodle soup, along with a piece of whole wheat bread smothered with extra crunchy peanut butter, and then fold the bead in half and dip it in the soup. Instantly comforting with a bad head cold.
I love to do this with tomato soup! YUM! For me, it has be Jif peanut butter, a childhood favorite.

I'm with Claire - definitely popcorn. But thanks Claire for reminding me about the bacon fat. I had totally forgotten that. Tonight, thanks to you, Claire.

ok still battling this cold since I first posted and I now have been in the mood for alot of Lo mein and wonton soup. boy this is hanging on. hope everyone else is staying healthy.

Back
Top Bottom