What's YOUR fav. main dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ps8

Senior Cook
So, I'm a pretty boring type of eater - simple food, mostly beef or chicken. I started wondering...What's my favorite non-beef/chicken main dish? I decided it's chips and queso! :LOL: Not really a main dish, but it's my favorite thing to eat when I get the opportunity to go out to eat at a tex-mex place!

So, what is YOUR favorite non-beef/chicken main dish??

Special treat food?

I make an all-day vegetarian lasagne with ricotta, fontina and bechamel that melts in your mouth. It's a lot of work, but ooh soo good. For more 'every day' treats, I like cream-based pasta sauces with cauliflower or zucchini or mushrooms or . . .

Probably Leg of Lamb with Garlic Sauce, but it would depend upon the day, the season, the occasion, and my mood.

My single most favorite food in all the world is scallops, and I love nearly any dish made with them (just don't include tomatoes, because they cancel the flavor of the scallops).

Veggie lasagna. I love anything tex mex like refried bean burritos, enchiladas with beans, corn, onion, carrots, peppers topped with red sauce and cheese. Eggplant parm. is right up there too. Okay I think I am over the limit now!

Lobster or Prime Rib - yeah it's beef, but I luv it. Cheesecake for dessert.

Last edited:
Foie gras. I can eat a lot of foie gras and not get a stomach ache. I've eaten about a pound of foie gras in one sitting before, in various preparations.

If I couldn't have that, then it would be Colorado rack of lamb.

Creamy turkey on cornbread and spinach pizza, I also like stroganoff on egg noodles and oysters rockefeller, lobster and crab legs.

Wagyu center cut filet mignon seared in grapeseed oil + salt + cracked tellicherry peppercorns topped with a Stilton compound butter served medium rare.

My ultimate dish.

man, good point beth.

How can you forget pizza?

Even when bad, is pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
how to choose?
Pizza is way up there most def!
anything chocolate. spicy curly fries.
but I may have to rest on these wonton spinach and pumpkin ravioli with sage butter that we make. I could eat that any day all day:stuart:

man, good point beth.

How can you forget pizza?

Even when bad, is pretty good.
I heartily DISagree. Pizza when bad, is pretty durn awful. Have you checked out Domino's lately? And they call THAT "Pizza?????" :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom