What's your favorite Fair Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Yes, I mean that greasy, heavy, really expensive stuff that you just can't get enough of at a State/County Fair.

Personally, I like a good, Hickory/Mesquite smoked Turkey leg, Funnel Cakes, Cheesesteak Sandwiches, Sausages, etc.

fries with cheese (and then vinegar, once all of the cheesy fries are gone.) and a good 'ol coors light to wash them down.

I would say my favorite is Garlic Fries. I had these fries for the first time in May at a Sacramento Rivercats game. They were great. If I wasn't already full from the hotdogs, I would have bought another basket. YUM!! :)

Well I missed our local fair this year and really missed the cheese curds and corn dogs. Guess I could try making my own but not the same taste. :(

mudbug said:
think of a big irregular piece of crispy pie crust (the "ear") sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.

and topped with cherry pie filling!

I forgot about the Fried Cheese curds. I only saw that type of thing once, back in OK. I'm closer to Wisconsin now, so you'd think there would be more around. I guess the local county fair isn't big enough.

Allen, I forgot about the fruit toppings. Outstanding additions (and cherry the best). We don't get the fried cheese curd thingies here.

p.s. World's Finest Chocolate was the band candy I used to be able to buy.

The Indian tacos, roasted ears of corn dipped in hot, melted butter, and cotton candy, of course!

Funnel cakes.

Although I must admit that attending the state fair back when I was about 4-5 (circa 1952-53) got me hooked on "nuked" hotdogs. The Radar-Range was new and was in the "world of tomorrow" exhibit hall - about 6-ft tall and wasn't really available for home purchase. Why knew?

Funnel cakes ROCK!

The last two fairs I have been to have the greatest pizza. I know you can get pizza anywhere, and no one has mentioned it........ but the pieces are HUGE and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Back
Top Bottom