What's Your Goto Method...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What is your goto method/cleaning product for removing stains from the white interior of an enameled cast iron Dutch oven, especially those made by overheated grease/oils?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, I use Barkeepers Friend to remove stains and discoloration. The interior seems to have darkened over the years and nothing seems to help that.

Chief, I usually start with Bon Ami and a Dobie pad. If that doesn't work, I upgrade the cleaner to Barkeeper's Friend.

So I'm not the only one who has that patina on the inside of my favorite pans ;)
Nope! You can tell the age of my Le Creuset by the depth of color in the interior. Can't tell in the Staub pots since their interior is black. Well, you can tell if it has a dull finish. They usually clean up nice, though, and then I give them a very, very thin coat of oil if it still looks dull.

I use dry baking soda with a damp cloth or sponge. If that doesn't get it all, then I put the pot on the stove on low, pour in a bit of water and sprinkle a good layer of baking soda. I let it foam up and simmer for a bit and then let it cool off. That will usually get any discolouration off with a wipe. Sometimes I have to do it twice.

Back
Top Bottom