What's Your Least Favorite Household Chore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree -- mopping and windows are definitely high on my list! For those of you who have good old fashioned tile showers, try using Shower Clean. This is a spray that the last person out of the shower uses each day. Just spray the walls and door and you never have to scrub or deal with mold again. I haven't scrubbed a shower for years and yet they look great!

He failed to mention, he claims he ironed in the nude in those days of bachelorhood, although I never witnessed it. He doesn't iron now by the way. He's gonna kill me. :ermm:
I cannot- she has to cook those killer bacon burgers first. Then i will kill her.

Well, I used to iron too. Now I set the Oven timer so I can hear about when the dryer cycle should finish and am right there and shake out and hang on clothes hangers right away. If something were to be wrinkly, I'd save it and when there's enogh of a load, into a rinse cycle and dry again. Don't buy rayon or silk shirts.

I dont mind washing dishes. I do mind square pans. The corners. Mostly if I can, I bake foods like brownies or enchiladas or just about anything in a glass pie pan or oval casserole when possible. Not that stuff should stick, it's I don't have the patience to stand there and scrub.

Most any cleaning chore is easier if you crank up the volume on your stereo.

DH wanted me to iron his shirts. Once. Now he knows better.

You wear 'em, you iron 'em.

Despise washing windows, and even my now disabled cleaning lady hasn't figured it out either. DH did get a pic of a service that will do it here.

Last edited:

I find ironing very relaxing. Our kids were small and finally all of them were in school. I would get my iron and head to my sister's home. She hated ironing. She always had a pile to do with four kids, like me. She would set up two ironing boards in front of the TV and we would get all her ironing done, by the time the kids got home from school. We watch our soaps, sang in harmony, and it made the chore go much faster for her. Me, I didn't mind ironing at all.

My husband always worked the 3-11 shift. So after the kids were in bed for the night, I would iron clothes for kids for the next day in school. The boys always had to wear white shirts, and the girls dresses. That was one chore I never minded doing. :angel:

Bathrooms and windows.

Ironing? Huge waste of time imo. DH tried to get me to iron his Navy uniforms when we were first married. Um, no. You're in the service, not me. You know the requirements. You can do it.

I have an uncharacteristic aversion to this whole topic...

Me too, except I'd leave out the uncharacteristic part. I just hate to clean house. Used to pay DD to do it before she moved away since "someone" doesn't like strangers in the house and would never let me have a cleaning lady. And by pay DD, I mean through the nose pay, highway robbery pay but at least I didn't have to do it. Now though I don't have too much house to clean since we've moved.

Last edited:
Munky, that looks like a great mop and bucket setup.

It is a very nice set up.I did both bathrooms which are pretty good sized in 15 minutes.They would normally take me an hour or more.The mop actually cleaned the baseboards.I didn't have to use another tool or get on my knees to scrub them.Glad I spent a little more and bought it.

I really like that the mop handles are very sturdy.Easily adjustable for taller people to use.The dispenser is just a small bottle. Eh on that.Not really necessary, but ok.Bought 2 extra pads thinking better safe then sorry.It will be a long time before I'll have to replace the first one.

The spinner was a surprise.It looked smaller in the picture.It's actually huge.One could do laundry in it.:ROFLMAO:

The only problem I did have with it was being able to lift it to empty.
Easy fix.Caught one of my sons in the hallway.Made him lift and dump it.:LOL:

I'm adding 1 more to the bad boy list.Cleaning the oven.
That's on my to do list today after I mop the kitchen and dining room floors.Once that's done.My sons and their stupid frozen pizza messes will be banned forever from my kitchen.

How old is this son? Maybe it's time for him to start learning how to make and clean up after his own favorites. You know, for when he's out on his own and has a craving for homemade pizza ;)

I figure if they are old enough to cook, they are old enough to clean.

I have 2.
My new vacuum is in the shop.Apparently it needs to have the cover replaced.I don't like to vacuum this house.

My 2nd is mopping floors.
I went to 3 different places to buy replacement mop heads couldn't find them.So I came home got online and bought this one from Amazon.

Amazon.com - Spin Mop - Deluxe Stainless Steel Spin Mop and Bucket System with Wheels by MopRite - Dual Function System for Spin Washing and Drying - No Foot Pedal Needed - Includes 2 Microfiber Mop Heads and Scrub Brush - Satisfaction Guaranteed! -

It's a bit pricey.But I like that it has a 3 gallon capacity,stainless steel, and replacement mop heads can easily be found.No more lifting and carting around a heavy sloshy bucket.

Thanks Munky, Every Christmas my daughter asks me, "What do you want for Christmas?" Like you said, it is a bit pricey. In fact for me, it is way out of my league. So I will ask my daughter to get it for me. Right now I have a step on pedal bucket. It works fine, but the less strain on my hands and fingers, the better for me. And as for emptying it, Spike stops by every night. And if he doesn't, he will the next night. What grabbed my attention, was the cleaning of the blinds. Remember how tall the windows were in your classrooms? Well that is what we have here. Impossible for elderly to clean. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom