What's your name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob T said:
Well, a little story about using real names. I'm 42, and I don't ever remember my Dad calling my Mom by her name. It was always "hey!", and she would get up and go! :eek:
They don't make good women like that anymore lol.
If that doesn't bring the non posting Women out, what will!

At dinner a few years a go at my folks, my Dad asked around the table who wanted more wine...He asked everybody and when he had his list, he turned to my Mom and "asked" her to get the wine for everyone...I smiled and turned to my wife, who replied before I could even speak with a look that said "dont even think you'll ever get away with that". That's a common occurance at my folks. Its never done in a disrespectfull way, but I think its just the way it was with the old italian family's. Personally (also looking around for wifey) I dont see anything wrong with it.. 8-[

Thats funny John and it reminded me of my childhood when the women in my family would serve the men and the children until we were done, then they ate the leftovers. True story but those days are gone. Something about equal rights or something like that. :grin:

That made me remember going to my Grandma's for holidays when I was young. The men ate in the dining room. the women fed the kids in the kitchen-then after the kids were done they would sit in the kitchen and eat. Funny how things change have changed over the years.

Well I'm another newbie that just happens to be female and here's my input.........

from what I've seen browsing around here the past couple of days, you men can come cook for me any day!

BTW, my real name is Alicia but friends call me Allie!

Welcome Allie, Can't wait to see ya rastle these here bbqn men. They always run offt the women folk with there highly aggressive manly aura. Helen from northern Ca. Chats but keeps her head down in the forum. :grin: Get ya a big ole internet club and beat em. :!:

Oh believe me, I haven't seen anything yet out of these men that I can't handle. I'm a tough one!

Thanks for the welcome!

zilla said:
Welcome Allie, Can't wait to see ya rastle these here bbqn men. They always run offt the women folk with there highly aggressive manly aura. Helen from northern Ca. Chats but keeps her head down in the forum. :grin: Get ya a big ole internet club and beat em. :!:

ALRIGHT...I'll quit hiding! :D Welcome Allie!

To answer the question:
Helen is my real name. I won't bother with the last...it's French. Spelled and said wrong all the time. Total old lady name... *shakes head*

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Helen: What kind of avatar is that for a BBQ board! :grin: That's a good one. :!:

Well... a pulled pork avatar in motion is not available yet, or is it?

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1zshgdyb]Helen: What kind of avatar is that for a BBQ board! :grin: That's a good one. :!:

Well... a pulled pork avatar in motion is not available yet, or is it?[/quote:1zshgdyb]

That sounds like a challenge. :grin: :grin: :grin: :(

It looks perfectly appropriate to me - rolling up some shredded paper in a piece of cardboard, to make a bbq fire starter. That is what it is, right?
:winkie:

And if she should tell you ,"come closer"
and if she tempts you with her charms,
Tell her no, no, no, no
no- no-no-no-no, no no, no
no-no-no-no-no, no no no no
Don't hurt me now for her love belongs to me!

Jack Waiboer

The last name is dutch and EVERYBODY miss pronounces it. I'm on a first name basis with most of the world. My father says it took my mother 2 years to pronounce it right. I am the king of the diphthong.
Remeber the grammer rules, when two vowels go walking the first one does the talking.

Good Q!

Jack

There's a visual we could probably do without. Of course up there where it's dark most of the time, you could probably get away with it. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom