What's your New Years Resolution gonna be??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
wittdog said:
Nick Prochilo":160w9bpg][quote=wittdog]Mine will be the same I make every year...and thats to be a bigger D@ck than the year before...[/quote] \ How big of a duck are you?[/quote] In a few more years I'll be a big enought of a duck to move to LI :wink: :D[/quote] Like this: [url="http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/NYFLAduck.html said:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/NYFLAduck.html[/url][/quote:160w9bpg]
The duck has good taste in motorcycles. ;)

NYFLAduckart_kelly.jpg

--John 8)

Try and stay on topic more . Seriously guys, now Larry has poured his heart out to us, and left himself quite vulnerable in admitting he is a humongous , fat, lard-ass, whale of a jello tub, and all you guys can do is make jokes. My resolution is going to be: Try not to look down my nose in pity at hideous blimps like Larry and Uncle Bubba. Good luck with the excercize program Lar! ;)

Woodman said:
Try and stay on topic more . Seriously guys, now Larry has poured his heart out to us, and left himself quite vulnerable in admitting he is a humongous , fat, lard-ass, whale of a jello tub, and all you guys can do is make jokes. My resolution is going to be: Try not to look down my nose in pity at hideous blimps like Larry and Uncle Bubba. Good luck with the excercize program Lar! ;)
Okay. We'll be good from now on. :oops: :(

--John 8)
(I don't think you can say "lard-ass" on the board. :P )

Woodman said:
Larry and Bubba are just husky :LOL:

Woodman said:

Well theres a resolution that's gonna be broken!

Woodman said:

Thanks Woody, I need to hear stuff like this!! It gives me incentive! Please continue with the Fat Jokes, I'm dead serious!!

Actually, I hope you do it Larry. Here is my post from the "other site" concerning a bunch of guys who were whining that they needed to lose weight.

WEll, it is great to have a buddy to work out, or run, or walk with. But be prepared to do it on your own eventually. What we are talking about here is simply "resolve" coupled with "self control". If you have BOTH that is great. One will work without the other though. If you have the "resolve" to excercize regularly, you can pretty much lack "self control" and eat what you want. This is pretty much where I am. 18 years ago, I quit cigarettes, and started lifting weights 3-4 days a week and walking 5 miles 3-4 days a week. I have been able to eat well ever since and maintain a 200-215 lb weight all along. Now, I still need to use some "self control" like I pretty much cut butter out of my diet, except for cooking. I try to eat breakfast (sensible) every day, eat a small lunch most days, and don't pig out at dinner. But I really don't agonize over things. At Q-festI ate about 5 chicken fried steaks, and 200 lbs of other junk, and didn't think twice. Yesterday, I was at an Amish buffet for lunch and had three helpings on mashed potatoes with homemade noodles and chicken gravy ladled over them and didn't think twice.
My point is, most of you guys who are overweight are that way because you DO NOT EXCERCIZE!!!!! I know many people who are 50-200 lbs overweight who telll me "I can't excercize because my back and knees hurt." Here is a news flash, YOUR BACK AND KNEES WEREN"T DESIGNED TO CARRY 50 to 200 LBS OF EXTRA WEIGHT AROUND!!!!! This is a vicious circle. The heavier you get, the less you move. The less you move, the heavier you get. BREAK OUT OF IT GUYS!!!! I go to the grocery store and see these 300 lb old women parking in the handicapped spots and limping into the store. I am guessing that their only real "handicap" is that they are a LARDASS and their knees are going bad as a result. They ought to re-name those spots "Fatso Parking" and put them at the back of the lot.
Unfortunately, we now live in a "PC" society that "coddles" people into believing that they are "victims." Those women's doctors ought not to sign for those "handicapped" permits. Most people are "fat" because they are "lazy." PERIOD. They have NO RESOLVE. Got no time to excercize? I get up at 3:00 am 2-3 days a week, go out into my UNHEATED garage on many days where it is 10-30 degrees there, and lift weights FOR TWO HOURS!. Today is Saturday, so I get to do it during a decent hour! I got up at Q-fest every morning, and, despite my hangover, walked several miles each day (the dog kept me company.) I have now been doing this so long that, I could NEVER give it up. Don't get me wrong, I STILL HATE DOING IT EVERY TIME!!!!! But, it is such a routine, that I am like an excercize junkie. Runners will understand this phenomenon.
No matter how bad you feel physically, there is some kind of excercize you can do. Walking is great! The problem with alot of people is, that they start a program, and , when they start hurting really bad ( which is inevitible at the start of any excercize program ) because they are actually using their atrophied muscles, they say "I cannot do this" and quit. This is hard work. NOBODY ELSE IS GOING TO MOTIVATE YOU GUYS!!!! MOTIVATE YOURSELVES!!!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE YOUNG??????YOU DO NOT SEE ANY 300 LB 70 YEAR OLDS!!!!!! THE TIME IS NOW!!! I am saying all of this because I LOVE YOU GUYS! Seriously!
You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to do (within reason- I mean you can't walk through metal or, get rub from Fatz.) Sorry about rambling, but I have just drunk 6 cups of coffe and it is Saturday!!!!!.
Now,get up off of your fat duffs and take a walk. NO EXCUSES!!!!!!

Very good post Dr. Wood, especially all the talk about walking for exercise to a guy that can't walk! :damnfunny

In all seriousness, you hit the nail on the head. Exercise is key as well as moderation of your daily food consumption.

I gained about 50lbs several years ago when I broke my arm. A guy in a wheelchair can't do a whole with just one arm besides go in circles all day. Then I got re-married and continued to gain weight, because I never got the motivation to exercise like I did prior to my broken arm on a daily basis. It's now or never, this weights coming off and staying off. I don't care how much Jim and Finney make fun of me because my head is disproportionate to my skinny body! I'll be healthier and that's what matters! I have a little 4 year old I wanna watch grow up, that's just another incentive for me!!

LA-RRY ! LA-RRY! LA-RRY! You go girl! ( I only say that because of your humongous ,lactating breastes.)

Well Woody sure did hit it on the head! I recently joined the gym and I hate going but I'm doing it 2 - 3 times a week. Sometimes I get lazy and don't go for a couple of weeks but when I do go I really feel better the next day. You just have to keep pushing yourself! Go Larry, you can do it!

Woodman said:
LA-RRY ! LA-RRY! LA-RRY! You go girl! ( I only say that because of your humongous ,lactating breastes.)
Larry "show your lactating bresteses" :shock:

Remeber what you told me about shoes down at Myrtle??
:LOL:

Woodman said:

You know what, I say go Larry because even though he may be trying to keep his weight under control and his heart is going to be healthy, that means more Wolfe Rub for ME. Now, on to you high metabolism A holes that think you don't need to exercise....2 words, David Letterman

Woodman said:

I have nice breasts and they even have hair on them! Not up to "manziere" size yet though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom