What's your pleasure? 6/18/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished fixin' dinner as the thunderstorms rolled in.

Attachments

• dinner06182011.jpg
    dinner06182011.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 220
mmmm, I had mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch. That meat looks killer. I haven't done a roast in the PC in a while.

Thanks Pacanis....it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself :LOL:

Well go right ahaead! :LOL:

Dessert will be strawberries with balsamic whipped cream. If the whipped cream lasts that long :LOL:

Some Kalifornia strawberries found their way into my arms on my cilantro run, too. I honestly don't think I've eaten strawberries since I was a kid. Not unless it was strawberry flavored pop or said Welch's or Smuckers on the jar ;)
I remember my father used to eat them with milk or something, so did some Googling and found this recipe on someone's blog:

2c heavy cream
1/2c sugar
3TBS balsamic vinegar

Whip on medium speed for five minutes

All I can say is wow. It's delicious. Can't wait to dunk some strawberries into the whipped cream later on.

Well go right ahaead! :LOL:

Dessert will be strawberries with balsamic whipped cream. If the whipped cream lasts that long :LOL:

Some Kalifornia strawberries found their way into my arms on my cilantro run, too. I honestly don't think I've eaten strawberries since I was a kid. Not unless it was strawberry flavored pop or said Welch's or Smuckers on the jar ;)
I remember my father used to eat them with milk or something, so did some Googling and found this recipe on someone's blog:

2c heavy cream
1/2c sugar
3TBS balsamic vinegar

Whip on medium speed for five minutes

All I can say is wow. It's delicious. Can't wait to dunk some strawberries into the whipped cream later on.

OH MY! I'm gonna have to try that!

I think I am the only person in America that is cooking inside tonight!

Well your eyes have a mist from the smoke of a distant fire
Sanford-Townsend Band

Salad
Eggplant parmesan
No, you're not the only one. :cool: We will be having cheeseburgers for supper. I would prefer them done on the grill, but our deck and grill need some doctoring first. :LOL:

Correction to our meal. It is just TOO hot to stand over a hot stove (our A/C doesn't cool it enough when it is this hot), so we are going to drive in our nice cool car and get drive-through. Probably KFC. :)

The tiny shrimp added a nice touch to an old standby.

chimichito1.jpg
chimichito2.jpg

And the balsamic whipped cream was fabulous with the strawberries :)

I must lead a sheltered existence. Never heard of a chimichito. So when I saw the picture of your dinner, I checked out a recipe or two. Sounds tasty and easy.

How do you make yours??

I must lead a sheltered existence. Never heard of a chimichito. So when I saw the picture of your dinner, I checked out a recipe or two. Sounds tasty and easy.

How do you make yours??

You DO lead a sheltered life. I've posted the link here about three times... everytime I mention making them someone asks what they are :LOL:

I follow this recipe pretty closely, except tonight I added the shrimp. Fast and easy. I first saw Sam the Cooking Guy make them on his cooking show. It used to be on FitTV. I make a few of his recipes in regular rotation. His Mediterranean wraps are pretty good, too. And something you might like. I use snapper instead if chicken. Very refreshing.

You DO lead a sheltered life. I've posted the link here about three times... everytime I mention making them someone asks what they are :LOL:

I follow this recipe pretty closely, except tonight I added the shrimp. Fast and easy. I first saw Sam the Cooking Guy make them on his cooking show. It used to be on FitTV. I make a few of his recipes in regular rotation. His Mediterranean wraps are pretty good, too. And something you might like. I use snapper instead if chicken. Very refreshing.

I guess so. I've never eaten anything from the "chimi" family of foods. I'm sorry I missed all of your previous posts on the subject. But if people keep asking, I must not be the only one who's never heard of them.

There is very little variation in the recipe from one site to the next on how to make them. Your link is about the same as all the rest.

I just ran it past the boss and she thinks it would be tasty so it will be on the menu soon.

I guess so. I've never eaten anything from the "chimi" family of foods. I'm sorry I missed all of your previous posts on the subject. But if people keep asking, I must not be the only one who's never heard of them.

There is very little variation in the recipe from one site to the next on how to make them. Your link is about the same as all the rest.

I just ran it past the boss and she thinks it would be tasty so it will be on the menu soon.

Maybe they were all new members... :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

I'm sure you will come up with your own favorite way to make them.
I think that rubbing them with oil and baking them is what gives them their oomph. It crisps them up just right, without frying.
Use the burrito size tortillas. They are easier to stuff and fold, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom