What's Your Signature Dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am only referring to the Octopus I prepared from a Chef client friend of the family.

I have never made lamb or beef or any other meat via the sous vide preparation technique.

Margaux Cintrano.

Hard to choose a "signature" dish, but the one thing I am famous for is my Chicken Liver pate.
Chicken livers
Bacon
Onions
Garlic
Cream
Brandy
Mixed herbs
(I haven't given quantities, as I don't measure and go according to what looks right!
But for 1 tub of chicken livers, it's usually 250g bacon, an onion, 2 cloves garlic, cup of cream perhaps and a good dollop of brandy!)
Fry bacon until it starts releasing fat,
Add onion and add garlic towards the end as the onions are past the opaque stage.
Add livers and fry for a bit then add the cream and brandy and herbs.
Cover and let it cook slowly until the livers are cooked through.
Add more cream and brandy if you need more gravy.
Put through the whizzer until velvety smooth.
Melt some butter and pour the top to preserve.

I guess my signature dish would have to be Mexican cheesy stuffed chicken breasts served with salsa. I don't have a recipe posted anywhere, but I stuff them with pepperjack, Parmesan, oregano and parsley, roll them up, bread them, brown them in a pan, then finish them off in the oven. Yum!!

Margi Cintrano said:
Phyllo dough is located in the Frozen pastry section.

Kindest.
Margi.

Thanks! I knew it was dough, just wasn't sure how it would be packaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
My signature dish is the Hershey Chocolate Cake with the frosting on the back of the Hershey Cocoa can. When served at holiday time, it goes before the pies. Not a crumb left.

My second one is a standard apple pie. I pile the apples really high. Seal the top crust and thoroughly wash it with whole egg wash. I then liberally sprinkle turbinado sugar on it and then half way through baking, give it another egg wash and more sugar. It makes the crust shiny and golden. Picture perfect. :chef:

Attachments

• phyllo.jpg
    phyllo.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 190
I have 2.

Easy to make: Cindy's Whole wheat spaghetti w/chicken Italian sausage slices, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, optional garlic (my husband is allergic), tons of fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Fancy for guests: Grapefruit Chicken (I'd have to look up the recipe but it has browned chicken pieces w/skin, white grapefruit juice and sections, cognac, sherry, and more.

Harry's new signature dish!

waterbath chicken...mine is a version of an ancient french classic where the chicken is cooked in a pigs bladder.saw michel roux junior cook it on tv.tesco don't sell dried pigs bladders:ermm:so i cooked the chook in a sealed,cooking safe,food bag:posted receep in chicken section:

Attachments

• WATERBATH CHICKEN 005.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 005.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 173
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 006.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 006.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 177
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 007.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 007.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 170
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 008.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 008.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 181
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 009.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 009.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 173
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 010.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 010.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 180
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 011.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 011.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 168
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 012.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 012.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 171
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 013.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 013.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 184
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 014.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 014.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 170
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 015.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 015.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 167
  • WATERBATH CHICKEN 016.JPG
    WATERBATH CHICKEN 016.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 170
Don't know that I could pick one particular dish. Several folks I used to dive with kept telling me I should open a seafood place. Not sure whether it was the dish preparations or the fact that what I was cooking had been swimming or walking on the ocean floor earlier that day.

Folks also love the true BBQ I make.

If a person were going to hold a family reunion and asked each attendee to name the favorite signature dish that they make, everyone would have a different answer. When you are a good cook, there are lots of dishes that other folks want you to make. Marie Callender is known for her pies. But which one is her signature dish?

For my family, some want mac and cheese, others apple pie. Each person in my life has their own idea of what is my signature dish. This weekend I have been asked to make a large pan of mac and cheese. The family is getting together again in support of my daughter. But there is one person who wants that mile high apple pie. I will surprise her and make the pie also. After all, the party is for her. :angel:

Not sure it's a signature dish, but I often to to the Marcella Hazan recipe for "Tomato Sauce No.1 when I have people stop by unexpectedly, or I just don't know what to and I want to whip up something for them. It is great and everyone loves it. Very simple.
8 oz. can tomato sauce (no salt added)
15 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt added) 2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. olive oil 1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
1/3 cup finely chopped celery

Heat olive oil in a saute pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook until just translucent, not brown. Add carrots and celery and cook for one minute or so. Add tomatoes and sauce, the salt and the cinnamon and cook a a gentle simmer, partly covered for 30 mins. Stir from time to time.

I serve it over penne, but any pasta will do.This makes 3 generous servings, but is easily multiplied for more people.

My friends love everything I cook but mostly any kind of pie.

Last edited:
My signature dish is my profile name, Foiejitas! I cant tell you how to make them or I will have to kill you......lol. The name is trademarked and the dish mouth watering.

Back
Top Bottom