What's your Super Bowl menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4meandthem said:
Anybody see the microwaved potato chip recipe on Yahoo? Toss some thin slices with evoo and salt and micro for 6 minutes. I may try that.
I just have to look this up. Was it on the Yahoo news page?

No choice. Going to Brother's house for his birthday dinner. His wife is cooking. She is a dreadful cook. She loves to cook, and she preps for hours, she means well, but she always tries to add something to the dishes to be unique and it ends up not working. Over spiced, undercooked, too much spirit in a sauce, you name it. Sheg et's all "Martha Stewart" on us with the themes. My mother hates going there because she has a weak digestive system and usually has some sort of unpleasant reaction for days after. I mean, who puts two bottles of red wine in roast beef gravy? Oh, well, its always a culinary adventure, if nothing else....

Last edited:
Going to have several guests over.

Our menu:

Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches w/ carolina BBQ sauce and Cole Slaw
Chicken Wings (Asian & Louisiana Lickers)
Marinated Chicken Spring Rolls
Assorted cheeses, chips, and dips.

50+ Different Craft/Belgian beers to choose from.

Rooting for the Giants in this one, Eli, I believe in you!

Chili dogs
Chicken fingers
Yukon gold potato salad with a warm bacon balsamic vinaigrette
Jello pie

(another Giants fan here)

I'm not into football either, just the commercials interest me.

I like the Cheerleaders......

~~~~~~~

Red Beans & Rice.....
Salad......
Pistolettes...
Banana Pudding......

~~~~~~~~

Cooks Tip: When adding vanilla to the cooked banana pudding custard, make sure you use vanilla...NOT mint!! :ermm: It's gonna make a killer chocolate pudding however...:yum: ~~~ Re-made the banana pudding too!! ;)

Last edited:
I'll know tomorrow if we have company. If so, I will make my chili since it holds so well. Rice, and maybe a orange,onion,spinach salad 70's style. Haven't thought about munchies yet.

Anybody see the microwaved potato chip recipe on Yahoo? Toss some thin slices with evoo and salt and micro for 6 minutes. I may try that.

please run through what you do with salad. what kind of dressing do you use. sounds really good to me. :chef:

my little buddy

img_1104339_0_e8b0a3c33dda06545072fcbb30d2e648.jpg

img_1104339_1_958be6395e553b03945f38d318d7d727.jpg

i thought i'd bump this super bowl thread for today, but more importantly, i just had to come by and say hi to your little buddy--that precious little white ball of fluff, ruckus! adooorable! how do you keep his fur clean? it looks like it's been blow-dried, though i can't imagine any cat tolerating that kind of treatment....:)

Spanish Tapas, Greek & Turkish Meze - International

Since we are watching from a favorite Sports Bar with enormous big screen tv´s ( we are in Europe ), we are going to watch over Tapas and Meze and some Mexican with friends, sharing all, for example:

Jalisco Hass Guacamole made and served in volcanic mocajete vessels

Spicy Brava Potato Chunks http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/patatas-bravas-brave-spicy-potato-chunks-77742.html

Spanish Omelette http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/spanish-omelette-tortilla-espa-ola-77741.html

Gambas al ajillo ( shrimps with garlic, chili pepper and olive oil ) served in earthenware

Hummus and Pita toasted

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought i'd bump this super bowl thread for today, but more importantly, i just had to come by and say hi to your little buddy--that precious little white ball of fluff, ruckus! adooorable! how do you keep his fur clean? it looks like it's been blow-dried, though i can't imagine any cat tolerating that kind of treatment....:)

he gets a bath every 3-4 months, he hates it and knows when were coming for it.

think i'll double my dough recipe and bust out some cinnibuns too.

Adorable kit kat ... white as snow ... Please do check with ur Vet ... cats are self laundering and too many baths could dry their skin terribly. If he is a house cat, it sounds like too much. I had a white British shorthair ( lived to 22 yrs old ) and he rarely required a bath -- he was not an outside kit kat.

change of plans. no pulled pork for us.

i'm going food shopping now for stuff to make vegetarian loaded nachos (cheese, green onions, tomatoes, refried beans, pickled jalapenos, jack and cheddar cheeses, and cilantro tossed together and baked) with sour cream and guacamole for dipping/spreading.

we're still having the buffalo wings, and probably cake for dessert.

i have my dough proofing but i forgot to add oil to it, is it gonna be stiff like a cracker?

I guess there's a duplicate thread here somewhere, because I would swear I posted my menu. But I could just be losing my marbles.

Anyway... pizza two ways. Pizza # 1 is sausage and mushroom with homemade basil marinara sauce. Pizza # 2 is sauce-less pie with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and walnuts. Also making snacks. Homemade potato chips with caramelized onion dip and the jalapeno cheese bread that was featured on Simply Recipes this week.

And beer is still on the menu. International Beer Review just voted one of our local brews, Surly Furious, the # 1 IPA in the world. So I ran out and bought some while it's still available. :)

I'm stickin with the traditional big game foods; chicken wings, chips / dip (cheese+beans), and assorted salty snacks.

Enjoy the game everyone!

Back
Top Bottom