What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pollen index is bad probably why the house is filled with cherubs. Hard to find a cinnamon broom in March to shoo them out and be on their way. It was kinda sunny even then I had trouble finding my car in the fog.
Cherubs? Cinnamon broom? I think I'm missing some context here.

@taxlady I'm going to guess that "cherubs" are dust motes? Cinnamon brooms, and their smaller cousins cinnamon pine cones, are evil decorations. They are highly scented with strong cinnamon oil and will make your throat feel like tiny elves are ice skating up and down your throat and Nasal passages. Evil, I tell you!

@taxlady I'm going to guess that "cherubs" are dust motes? Cinnamon brooms, and their smaller cousins cinnamon pine cones, are evil decorations. They are highly scented with strong cinnamon oil and will make your throat feel like tiny elves are ice skating up and down your throat and Nasal passages. Evil, I tell you!
Really. I buy a cinnamon broom at a local fall festival. I never thought any thing about collecting pine cones for fall basket decorations.

Good Morning, 7 am!
It's now about 30F - 1C in the back yard now, will start to get windy later.
Around noon it should be 45F - 7C, dropping to 34/32F - 1/0C around 4pm
at which point we probably have rain and possible snow.

Typical

It's just over 50° now, but soon rising to 58° (supposedly), and very sunny. When I went to Aldi when they opened (9 am) it was 40°, but still didn't seem too warm, as there is absolutely no wind. Be going out to enjoy it later, and get some work done. Tomorrow is forecast to be 50° for a high, then in the high 60s, and April 1st the warmest day of the year, in the 70s. And.....April showers!!

It's 52 and sunny right now. Snow squalls and possible thunder snow tonight.

You gotta love spring!
We are expecting that same system with the snow squalls. I hope it is delayed. Tonight is garbage night and I don't want to have to walk to the curb (~50 metres from my door) with snow squalls going on. Go away winter. You have overstayed your welcome.

It's 9pm now - so I'm guessing you've already taken out the garbage taxy. Sure hope it wasn't nasty out for you. Hopefully it wil hold off until tomorrow for you. The sun did come out after the snow and rain this afternoon. Perhaps you'll be lucky.

It's 9pm now - so I'm guessing you've already taken out the garbage taxy. Sure hope it wasn't nasty out for you. Hopefully it wil hold off until tomorrow for you. The sun did come out after the snow and rain this afternoon. Perhaps you'll be lucky.
Nope, there is enough that I am waiting for Stirling to help. He's busy with an online role playing game until around 22h.

We got the garbage and recycling out at 22h. It had snowed a bit and then rained a bit, so there wasn't any slippery snow on the walkway. We would have taken it out before his game started at 19h, but we are only allowed to put it out between 19h and 07h. Okay, no one will complain if we take it out after 07h, provided it hasn't been picked up yet, but they usually get here by 08h.

Have been watching the same red blob on local weather all of this week. Now the storm has been "scheduled" for tomorrow 2pm lasting a couple of hours. It's almost midnight and what am I hearing? Thunder??? Do I still have time to pack lunch for tomorrow to put in my emergency preparedness pack?

Also our emergency shelter is the library. You know that place is not open and I don't think 4,000 people would fit inside.

Last edited:
Today it didn't even get to 50° - 10° below average high, on this date, but tomorrow the high is forecast to be in the mid to high 60s, which is well above average, then into the 70s Saturday, with a lot of that rain heading here from out west (though nowhere near as bad as out there, fortunately). Hope all of you are spared from any more damage out there.

Deck and lawn all frosted over with crunchy ice. Very slippery walking. I guess it will disappear with the rain later - I hope.

We have wind, not a gentle breeze but WIND! The temperature is climbing out of the high 70's to a predicted 80 this afternoon. We have the house open on the leeward side, while watching the trees dancing outside.

We are getting the snow part of the forecast that called for mixed precipitation, rain, and snow. At least the snow covers up the dirty piles of snow everywhere and makes them look clean again.

It got to 68° today, and a little windy, but not excessively (that's coming tomorrow). It is still 65° at 10:45 pm, and may get to 75° tomorrow, with rain earlier, and heavy, severe thunderstorms later, when cold hits that heat. I got a lot done outside today, but not again tomorrow!

I was just on the phone with my cousin, to see how she was faring, as there were tornado warnings N of Philly. The temperature here dropped quickly, about 8°, in 30 min., with more to come. Seems the worst is going N of me, and earlier South, in DE, but the worst in this area hasn't come yet, as it is just crossing the DE river.

And at 7:15 it was over me, while I was talking to her - hail, but only the 1/4" stuff, not the golf ball or quarter sized, they were talking about in the worst areas. In 15 min the rain gauge went from .27" to .71". My cousin, who lives N of Philly, was in the bad zone, with a tornado warning, but she was spared, though she got the bad hail. While I was on the phone with her, it stopped up there, but started here. Now, in 30 min, it is already at the Jersey shore, the line is moving so fast.

I hope everyone was spared the brunt of these storms, wherever you are!

There is storm damage all over the state. We were lucky with high wind and rain. Some nearby towns got the hail. A concert was hit ... one dead and a dozen injured.

Same type of storm forecast for Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom