What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As at this morning around 9 am. SIL, in Pointe Claire, just south of taxy, got her power back yesterday afternoon, my ex (son's father in St Lazare) got his back last night (he's west off island to both SIL and taxy) but my son, between the two (Vaudreuil-Dorion), still did not have his.

It has warmed enough, and the Illinois violets are in bloom. Our weather is taking a break and we are enjoying some sunshine and temps in the 70's. Looks like birds are starting to migrate north. Glad they have a backup plan. Next week? That's another story ... cold and wintery.

It has warmed enough, and the Illinois violets are in bloom. Our weather is taking a break and we are enjoying some sunshine and temps in the 70's. Looks like birds are starting to migrate north. Glad they have a backup plan. Next week? That's another story ... cold and wintery.
I haven't seen any violets or other flowers yet, but the rest of your weather description is the same as here.

We are expecting an overcast, cool (not cold) day tomorrow, followed by four sunny, warm days. Then, starting Monday we are expecting four days of rain, regular rain, not freezing rain.

I haven't seen any violets or other flowers yet, but the rest of your weather description is the same as here.

We are expecting an overcast, cool (not cold) day tomorrow, followed by four sunny, warm days. Then, starting Monday we are expecting four days of rain, regular rain, not freezing rain.
Don't let the flowers fool you ... the ground is still frozen. It's forecast to be 80 degrees and super windy tomorrow. It's suppose to rain Saturday with a cold front hitting Monday.

We currently have temps in the low 60's, with a high of 80 predicted. We planted tomatoes today, and will be mowing/weed eating the back lawn later. Our weather has been a roller coaster lately, and I do wish it would settle down!

Ginny, you need one of those roof scrapers. Like a rubber squeegee on a very long pole. Used for scraping snow off roofs, works on satellite dishes too! ask me how I know.
But gently! you don't want to move and change its settings. ask me how I know that one too!

It is 70 Degrees F and I have OPENED MY WINDOWS!!!!

Ginny, you need one of those roof scrapers. Like a rubber squeegee on a very long pole. Used for scraping snow off roofs, works on satellite dishes too! ask me how I know.
But gently! you don't want to move and change its settings. ask me how I know that one too!

It is 70 Degrees F and I have OPENED MY WINDOWS!!!!
Thanks...and we do have one of those. Now, what I need is someone to go outside and use it! :ROFLMAO:

Well, the sun came out and the snow melted...so we ran out to grab a few things at WM...and came back to more cars in the ditches. Sigh.

I already bought the decal that is going in my new Jeep, as soon as it arrives: "Honk If You Love Jesus, Text If You Want to Meet Him!" People drive about a million mph on the main road that leads back to my house...and then the look at their phone! GRRRRRR.

It was overcast early and then some time in the afternoon it went to partly sunny. It went all the way up to 16°C (61°F). All the snow has finally melted from my tiny backyard. There are still small glaciers on the common grounds of the condo association. Should be warmer tomorrow, but this is just an interlude. We will be back to more seasonal (colder) weather starting Monday.

The sun is kicking it's heels up! 80's again today with a slight chance of snow on Saturday. (???LOL) Flies came out of hibernation. It's going to be 34 degrees Sunday night. No wonder the flies want in the house!

Last edited:
Got to 86 or 87 degrees here today, and sunny, but fortunately, it was breezy all day. Supposed to do about the same thing tomorrow, then start getting cooler. Very little rain lately - the ground showed this when I was digging in it.

Warm here today. It went up to 28°C (82°F). That is not unheard of in April, but it doesn't happen often and we are expecting much cooler weather starting overnight between Sunday and Monday. Along with the colder weather we expect a lot of rain and maybe some of various other forms of wintry precipitation, i.e., snow, ice pellets, or freezing rain. That's the same system CC is getting.

After these near record hot to temperatures these last couple of days, it's down in the low 70s today, but it's more uncomfortable, as the dew point is in the high 60s, w/no wind! At least it was breezy, these last days. We are supposed to get some rain, but I'm not holding my breath.

The NWS is predicting 24*F tonight. I shouldn't be surprised because the last average frost is May 25th. I have the asparagus covered with blankets and freeze cloth. It survived 27*F last night with just the freeze cloth.

After two hot, sunny days that pushed 90, today's high of 77 with cloudy skies seemed was a nice change of pace. Returning to more seasonable weather next week. This is definitely too early for this heat!

The NWS is predicting 24*F tonight. I shouldn't be surprised because the last average frost is May 25th. I have the asparagus covered with blankets and freeze cloth. It survived 27*F last night with just the freeze cloth.
We actually had 19*F. I had 6 layers of stuff on the asparagus and they did not get turned into popsicles!!

Back
Top Bottom