What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're expecting a bunch of snow starting tonight.

I was never fond of freezing rain. But, the Great Ice Storm of 1998 was all freezing rain and left us without power for eight days. So, freezing rain always sets me on edge.

I am having a light rain much of today, on and off, and cooler than it has been, but still warmer than average, in the high 40s. Yesterday it was in the 60s, and I had a brief, heavy rain, about the same time a tornado touched down about 50 miles N of here, which is highly unusual in NJ, esp. in February! And tomorrow it is supposed to get into the 70s, then back down below average. Crazy weather!

We started out at 70 this morning, then the rain came in and dropped the temperature to mid-60s. Now we have sunshine and 70 again.
The best part was the local weather forecast--"rain this morning and fire danger this afternoon". What, is there an arsonist on the loose?

We had an unseasonably high 77F today - it's dropped to 75 ? Sorry, all y'all up north. If it makes you feel better, my neighbor's wind chimes are driving me insane ?
I would not be pleased to see 77°F or 75°F at this time of year. It's winter. I expect winter at this time of year in Quebec. What I'm not looking forward to is mud season, though it's not so bad in city and suburban areas. It can be a real nuisance in the countryside.

The local weather forecasters seem to be trying to salvage their predictions of a disaster instead of expressing thanks that this latest storm is a nonevent in this area.

The temps currently are hovering around freezing with light snow followed by a brief period of sleet and feezing rain as temperatures warm overnight.

It rained all day and temps rising overnight. Tomorrow we start off sorta warm and the temps fall all day until overnight lows hit 18. Ouch!!!

Just plain nasty - schools closed.
Same here, schools are closed...our vet sent an email they are closed, our trash pick up didn't happen and they say to wait for a phone call with instructions??? At 4AM, the doorbell camera alerted to motion on the porch. Couldn't see any reason in the dark, but checked the video this morning and looking like the wind moved the hanging light a bit. And, right now, there are blue skies! Go figure! Think I'll make some soup or something?

We had an unseasonably high 77F today - it's dropped to 75 ? Sorry, all y'all up north. If it makes you feel better, my neighbor's wind chimes are driving me insane ?
I would not be pleased to see 77°F or 75°F at this time of year. It's winter. I expect winter at this time of year in Quebec. What I'm not looking forward to is mud season, though it's not so bad in city and suburban areas. It can be a real nuisance in the countryside.
Oops, forgot to hit "Post reply" yesterday.

Today is cold. -12°C (10°F) and feels like -22°C (-8°F). We are expecting 10-15 cm by tomorrow morning some time, when it the snow is expected to stop. Since it's good and cold, it will be fluffy snow, which is perfect for blowing around and causing white outs. Schools aren't closed today, but a number of flights are cancelled.

Yechy, cloudy, expecting about an inch today. Current temp is 16 F probably going up to 29 F. Sunday not much better, maybe even some rain. Monday, expecting 3 to 5 more inches of snow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom