What's your weather right now? 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to reach 80F today with very low humidity. Sun bakes our little cracker box palace.
Wife is a day sleeper so a comfortable home is essential.

I installed an evaporative cooler in the house that should cut 2/3 $ off our electric bill instead of using our central air conditioning.

In theory, we'll see.

Well, the rain missed me - only .02" (I really wanted it, as we need it, around here). The thunderstorms went north and south of me. Even though it did wet things, that wind dried it almost immediately, and the sun is out again. If the wind (30 mph, gusts well over 40) would let up, I could go out and start working again! However, I would have to change - the temperature dropped to 48°, 18° lower than earlier. Supposed to get down to 36° tonight, but no frost warnings here, as the wind is sticking around, and getting even stronger tomorrow. Hard to believe all this talk about wind chills again! But compared to some of you out there, I count my blessings.

The snow seems to have stopped. Montreal had 6 cm at about 15:30. We might get a little bit more overnight, early tomorrow. This is not unheard of on the Island of Montreal this far into April, but it doesn't happen often.

yeah, Waterdown also had snow night before last, yesterday and only this afternoon does it seem to be disappearing. Although at one point, when I peeked outside, I saw some more flakes... :mad:

Still have a few plant outside due to the move but got my ferns in. Bougainvillea might not make it... was too heavy for me to get it into the garage.

I thought coming just this little bit farther south my plants would survive out and not get snowed on in April. :ermm:

Got'ta love Mother Nature!

Tid-bit from my life... when we moved to Minnesota (1955ish) people had a hard time believing when we said we were now living farther north than we had been in Canada! LOL

Balmy!

32F here, I may not wear a coat, until the wind picks up later.
Heh. Yesterday was in the 70s until a cold front came through during the afternoon. The temperature dropped to the 50s. We had a get-together with neighbors in the early evening and it got colder. I had a felt jacket on over a long-sleeved t-shirt and I had to go home and put on a sweater [emoji16] I do not do cold well.

It got down to the mid-30s last night and is 44 now. We're expecting a high of 58. Brrr! [emoji1787]

-1°C and I saw a bit of a snow flurry earlier. Just very light snow at the moment. It is expected to get up to 17°C on Saturday.

I'm taking a day off from the garden today...sort of. It was 36°, with sustained winds at 27 mph, and gusts close to 40, at 8 am - not normal here, for late April! So I went shopping briefly, and I'm in for the day. Now, it is only 42°, and still very windy. Cold doesn't bother me much, but that wind - OMG! Even before the temps dropped over 30° yesterday, I couldn't do much outside, as anything I'd try to work on was blown away! It's supposed to die down tonight, but similar temps, so possible frost, though there's nothing I have out that I have to worry about.

Heh. Yesterday was in the 70s until a cold front came through during the afternoon. The temperature dropped to the 50s. We had a get-together with neighbors in the early evening and it got colder. I had a felt jacket on over a long-sleeved t-shirt and I had to go home and put on a sweater [emoji16] I do not do cold well.

It got down to the mid-30s last night and is 44 now. We're expecting a high of 58. Brrr! [emoji1787]

We are at 50F now, minimal breeze. So it is what I call nice out. The cats are watching the birds and chattering like crazy.

It only got to 48° out back today, and tonight there is another freeze warning for much of the area, and a frost warning for the rest, due to the wind having died off some. Nothing I have out that will be bothered by the frost except my kaffir lime and bay laurel, which I'll move to the back porch. A week from today, the high is forecast to be 85°!! Talk about crazy weather.

Cool mid 60's F all week probably have to go back to cooling on Tues or Wednesday.
Windows open nice weather.

Well, all the snow from the past two days is gone, yay! It's currently 12°C and sunny. Still expecting 17°C tomorrow.

Got to 94° today, though still not too humid, which is good. It's only supposed to get to 70° tomorrow, then 74°, then back up in the 90s! This is why I don't plant snow peas in spring any longer - it turns to summer way too early, and there isn't enough spring weather. The peas usually pod out when just 2" long!

We've been entertained with a lightening and thunder show for about half an hour. Rain, too! It's all good with me as long as the trees stay upright and the power stays on.

Back
Top Bottom