What's your weather right now? 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Alabama it is a comfortable temperature, but fairly cloudy. It is the perfect weather for my son's baseball game! Wish him luck!

We received more much needed rain. The temps were in the high 80's to low 90's until the rain moved in and now we're in the 70's.
We are still in drought mode, and need about 7" more to get back to normal. Normal? Texas? Oxymoron?

It's gloomy and wet outside. I had to bring in my potted plants, because of the threat of thunderstorms with winds gusting.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 12-34-53 Dollard-des-Ormeaux Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weath.jpg

It was (and still is) another one of those "icky sticky" mornings (dewpoints in the 70s), but the humidity is supposed to lift sometime today, with a high in the low 80s. It rained .20" overnight, to add to that humidity - a little more than the .13" yesterday.

Later this week it is supposed to be getting much nicer - should be low humidity in the morning, so I can mow; lately the dew hasn't lifted until after noon sometime!

Well S#!+ !!! That's scaring the pee-wad outta me!
We've got a hum-dinger of a Monsoon Thunderstorm gonna on and the Lightening is intense AND right over us.

We don't have bolt lightening in Hawaii, only sheet lightening, so this really freaks me out!

BUT, we need the water, so, I've got my big girl panties on and the wine is chilling :LOL:

Are all your devices fully charged? I do that when we I expect a thunderstorm. I don't know about where you live, but we sometimes lose power when there are thunderstorms here or nearby.

Are all your devices fully charged? I do that when we I expect a thunderstorm. I don't know about where you live, but we sometimes lose power when there are thunderstorms here or nearby.

Yes, we try to keep everything topped off.
And knock wood, we've not lost power here, yet! :LOL:
November makes 6 years that we've lived in the house.

I should also say that we unplug stuff just in case our house is hit by lightening.

When we were renting a place 45 minutes away from here, while our house was being built, the landlords lived upstairs from us.

One afternoon a bad thunder and lightening storm sat over us and gave out the loudest "KABOOB" I'd ever heard.
Mr. Landlord was home and yells down the dumb waiter shaft,
"QUICK! Unplug everything!"
(not sure if anyone remembers that rental we were in and I'd send up plates of food to the Mr & Mrs Landlord via the dumb waiter, so cool!)
A bolt of lightening hit real close to the house, very spooky!!!!

I wonder why most houses seem to be built without lightning rods nowadays. The old attached duplexes and triplexes in Montreal seem to all have lightning rods.

The humidity lifted, finally! It is supposed to stay this way for a few days, with the temperature above average again, next week. :( At least I get a few days I'll take advantage of the nice weather. Lows are supposed to be down in the high 50s a couple of times, and in the lows for humidity. I'll be mowing again one of the next two days - something I couldn't do, with that dew all over well into the afternoon lately.

Last edited:
Still ht here. Mid 90s by day. We are looking at 96 for Sunday. No rain in over a week, either. We are way behind on rain.

CD

I should also say that we unplug stuff just in case our house is hit by lightening.

When we were renting a place 45 minutes away from here, while our house was being built, the landlords lived upstairs from us.

One afternoon a bad thunder and lightening storm sat over us and gave out the loudest "KABOOB" I'd ever heard.
Mr. Landlord was home and yells down the dumb waiter shaft,
"QUICK! Unplug everything!"
(not sure if anyone remembers that rental we were in and I'd send up plates of food to the Mr & Mrs Landlord via the dumb waiter, so cool!)
A bolt of lightening hit real close to the house, very spooky!!!!

Been there, done that. Our lake house got hit by lightning. We weren't there. I got a call at 0-dark-thirty from the fire department.

Unplugging things wouldn't have kept the roof from burning off. Smoke ruined just about everything else.

Good insurance is the best thing you can have for a lightning strike.

CD

here in central israel

i think you have changed the forums system?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-09-17 20-09-43.png
    Screenshot from 2022-09-17 20-09-43.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 3
It has been nice here, too, and no AC for I think 5 days now, but here, the first day of fall is forecast @90°! So summer's not over here. ):

Expected 40+ today and for the next week. That's centigrade!
So 104-105 oF
Screenshot_20220918-063147.png

I consider myself lucky, after hearing that! Only got to 85° today, but again, no AC, as it was so cool last night, and I cooled the house off. And it's already down to 74°, so I opened up again, to get that cool air inside. And I saw that they have dropped the prediction for the first of fall (Thurs) to 79°, so temps are dropping!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom