When You Don't Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
What do you order, or get however ?

I found one good pizza place.

I get a small with double pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, double hot pepper ring and black olives, and another small with double cheese and triple pepperoni.

I found Subway is not once they once were.
Mr. Hero is a dud now, even the steak sandwiches.
I am boycotting Wendy's because of the last chicken sandwich I got there.
I will not eat McD's period.
Arby's not bad.
KFC OK sometimes.
Rally's OK.

There are a few to try, among them Gyro Guys.

T

I never order anything to be delivered (actually there was one time I ordered some pizzas - back in the 90s, when some friends and I were baking a LOT of cookies, and we stopped after about 3 hours, and had the pizza, before continuing), and the last time I went to a restaurant was about a year before the pandemic started, when some friends and family gathered at a Chinese restaurant for a remembrance. If I don't feel like cooking, I always have leftovers of some sort, in the fridge or freezer. But, everyone has their preferences, as JC said.

Last edited:
When I don't want to cook, we often pull some smoked salmon and bagels out of the freezer and have them with sliced onion, cream cheese, and capers.

We also order out from local restos. Mostly those are part of small local chains or not part of any chain. The place we get sandwiches from is called Dagwoods. The location near us was the very first of what became a Montreal chain of sandwich restos. They slice all the meat and cheese individually for each sandwich. It actually does make a difference. They also bake the buns in house and offer white and whole wheat.

We have learned that not everything is as good delivered as it is in the resto. E.g., my favourite Greek resto makes a wonderful deep fried, bacon wrapped scallops dish. That just isn't as good delivered, but there is plenty of other yummy stuff that does stand up to delivery.

Other regular stuff we order for delivery is burrito bowls, Italian food, Indian food, and Lebanese food.

Except the sandwich place and the TexMex place that makes the burrito bowls, these are place where we used to go regularly and will go to again, when the pandemic is mostly a bad memory. We also like a couple of steak places and an Irish Pub.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom