Where are you from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Some of you (like me) are (probably foolishly) trusting souls who put it right out there, but seriously, where do you live, where were you born, what area do you most identify yourself with? The latter may say the most about you!

Born: Nassau County, LI (New York)
Was living in, bushkill, PA (NEPA, by stroudsburg)
Back in Nassau County, LI
Moving east on LI to the Lindenhurst area.

I miss being in PA. I loved the atmosphere and just the ncie wide open spaces. I wish I had better land for a garden.

I was born in Dallas, Tx.
Grew up in an unincorporated area of Dallas. Went to schools in Rowlett, Texas.
I live on Lake Tawakoni. What area do I most identify myself with? I havent found it yet.

I was born in Queens, NY (well actually the hospital was in Brooklyn, but we lived in Queens), spent alot of time going back & forth to the "island" (Long Island, NY). I moved to central Florida 7 years ago~~~hate it! lol
I have no desire to move back to Queens either. I think I would like to live in Hawaii or Australia, but that is not going to happen!

ahh a somewhat fellow Long islander. depending on your definition of long island. such a long hard debate but its geographical so hate to tell alot of brooklyn and queens people.

you are a Long islander and in the 5 bougroughs

hahha GK your one of "them"

Queens and kings county on on Long island but Ive never found someone from queens or brooklyn that will admit it.

Its like there is a wall on the border of nasau county. I just htink its histerical. some people will jsut fight and fight and fight about it.

either way the debate will continue.

I'll admit it...I think its because its always been a matter of how "congested" queens is, as opposed to LI....I always felt like I was in another world when I was there...like going to the country! lol
Now though Im thinking the island has gotten pretty congested itself

My family came here in 1690.
I was born in Charleston, SC.
Raised in Houston, TX
Lived in Knoxville, TN, for 13 years, then moved to Florida for 1.5 years, which was the worst decade of my life.
Now live in Knoxville, TN, again, and love it.
Identify most with the Southern East Coast from the Outer Banks to Hilton Head. Charleston is my One Particular Harbor (I cry from homesickness when I see the marshes of the Lowcountry), but I'll settle for Nags Head, NC.

Proud Southerner, born, bred and raised, and wouldn't choose to live anywhere else (except maybe my own island in the Caribbean).

Born and raised in New England's only state without a coastline.
Lived in Phoenix for almost 25 years.
Now living in east/central Kansas.
I would rather be in Phoenix than Kansas any day of the week!

Born in Livingston, NJ
Moved to Hudson FL (30 minutes north of Tampa) in 1972 and have hated it here for most of the 36 years I've lived here.
My dream is to move to either NC or SC, the western side, but right now we are caring for elderly parents and that dream is on hold for now.

I am a true Canadian through and through. I was born in Northern Saskatchewan and moved to BC when I was 7. I went back to the capital of Sask., Regina, for grade 12 and University but moved back to the coast when I was 20. For years I would consider myself from BC when I was in Sask, and from Sask when I was in BC, but now the west coast is my home.

I have lived all over the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley and while I am okay where we are now, I share the dream with my DH that we can soon settle further out in the valley some day with a good sized piece of land. While I want to travel, even back to the prairies, I never want to live anywhere else but here on the coast.

Born in northern New Jersey, still living in northern New Jersey. Eventually I'll end up in New Orleans, which is where Lou and I really belong.

I've spent my whole 27 years in Utah. It says the most about me because if you're from Utah people automatically assume that you are Mormon--and I am. I like being identified that way too because religion is a huge part of my life.

Sometime we might move away for a few years, just to experience different places (the East Coast or Washington, maybe, or maybe even China). But we will definitely settle back in Utah.

Born in N.C., but spent from then through the next 38 yrs in Jersey, with 2 weeks in spring & 1-2 months in summer on a 500 acre dairy farm in Canada every yr til I was 21. Then 5 yrs in NY State. Then almost 10 down here. I too hate it here, but came for family. My heart is in Medocino, Calif (visited and wanted to stay), or St Thomas, VI.(visited and wanted to stay), or Italy(where my dad's family is from). I miss the food up in Jersey and lots in the rural areas I lived, but can't do the winters anymore. So I kind of feel like a gal without a home - for now.

Born in Oregon in a small town noone has ever heard of...
Moved to the Seattle area when I was 8....
I love it here and concider it home but...Mexico is where I want to be.

Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio (the town of the 'Burning River'). Lived in Texas, New Mexico and 1.5 years in Southern Turkey, then settled in a suburb of Cleveland with DW and raised three great children. If I had my choice, I would still be in New Mexico because of my love for the outdoors and the favorable climate. Every place I've been have had their pluses and minuses. Because of my loathe for excessive heat and humidity, I would never live in the Southern States, particularly Florida. We have a daughter in Orlando (whom I love dearly and am very proud of), and I consider it punishment to have to spend more than 2-3 days in the land of weird, large bugs and alligators. You asked, I replied.

JoeV

Back
Top Bottom