Where are you from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO::LOL:I agree....but I have to live here for the time being:(
There are special indulgences granted to those living in Florida against their will. Check with your pastor for specifics.

If there is anything positive about Florida, it's that I'll bet bread rises quickly in that moist heat. Other than that, you have my sincere condolences and wishes for a speedy commutation of your sentence.:LOL::LOL:

Joseph the Opinionated

My special indulgence is my dad, my niece (she's 14 now) and the beautiful sunsets. And I could NEVER live in 'landlocked' state/country. Although I loved S.Dakota badlands, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. I need THE BEACH!

Born in Detroit, Michigan
Lived in various areas around Detroit
Moved to Traverse City, MIchigan for 6 yrs.
Moved to San Diego for 13 years
Retired to Las Vegas in 2000

Love living in the Vegas area but spend May thru Sept. in Traverse City, Michigan. My favorite place. I gotta have water around me at least part of the year.

There are special indulgences granted to those living in Florida against their will. Check with your pastor for specifics.

If there is anything positive about Florida, it's that I'll bet bread rises quickly in that moist heat. Other than that, you have my sincere condolences and wishes for a speedy commutation of your sentence.:LOL::LOL:

Joseph the Opinionated

Joe, I love your philosophy that everything revolves around bread! It is very refreshing!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

.I live in Basingstoke, England, about an hour south east of London.
I was born in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and spent much of my childhood moving around Zimbabwe and South Africa.

Oh, and JoeV. No, I haven't made bread any good since I'm here.
I don't know why. Thought it was the water - very chlorinated, so I bought purified, nope. Same flour, same yeast, even bought wheat gluten with vitamin C. But is still spreads sideways, instead of rising.

Born in State College, PA - lived there for the first 20 years of my life. Moved to Atlanta, Ga 30 years ago and consider it my home. Even though I was born in and raised in the north, I consider myself a southerner now. Probably will retire to the North Georgia Mountains.

My special indulgence is my dad, my niece (she's 14 now) and the beautiful sunsets. And I could NEVER live in 'landlocked' state/country. Although I loved S.Dakota badlands, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. I need THE BEACH!

O.K. I'll admit the sunsets are awesome, but I hate the beach. I have a beach about 5 minutes away from me and never go unless the temperture drops below 50 degrees F or there's a strong storm coming. I hate salt water and the sand combination. Give me chlorine, lots and lots of chlorine.

Hi all.

I am new to the forum and thought this may be a good place to start!

I was born in South West Wales (UK), I now live in South East Wales. Have lived all over South Wales (which isn't very exciting I know!) and also Ireland. I would live anywhere in the world, as long as I was happy...home is where the heart is afterall! But preferably by the sea.

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

;)

I was born on an Indian reservation in Northern Arizona - my father was managing the timber mill at the time. lived in Tuscon, Snowflake & Phoenix. Moved to Pasadena, CA, then to Pentictin in Canada, northern CA - Woodland, CA, Portland OR for highschool & OSU in Corvallis for college. Met and married moved to Southern CA and have been here ever since. Still like to travel in the Pacific northwest this time of year for the wonderful Fall & their wine country. As a matter of fact we're going this weekend!!

born in memphis, tenn. navy brat so moved around a lot, mostly on east coast. met, married and moved to so calif. been here for over fifty years.

have tried a couple times to move back to south for various reasons. longed for california the whole time.

this is my home and i will die here

babe:ohmy:

Another Once upon a time long Islander here...
I was born in Queens ( Cambria Heights),NY from there moved to West Hempstead,LI,NY then to the Bronx (don't ask!!) then to Rockland County(Monsey),NY, then to Voluntown, Conn,then back to Monsey,NY, then to Sloatsburg ( again Rockland County),NY, then to ( Rockland County)Suffern,NY where I have lived the longest I have ever lived any place in my life(22 years) and I can't wait to leave it!! I would love to be near the Ocean -my favorite spot so far Ocean City,Maryland.Love and energy, Vicki

Born in Sioux City, Iowa and raised on a farm about 15 miles from there.
Joined the US Navy and spent almost entire six year tour in Rota, Spain.
Lived near Newcastle, NSW, Australia for about eleven years.
Since returning, have lived in northern Vermont and Flagstaff, AZ.
For the past five years I've been living in Las Vegas.

While I really enjoy coastal areas, and love the Aussie warmth and humor, I have really been enjoying my time here in Las Vegas. I consider myself to be a resident here. If someone here asks, "where are you from?" I'll always say I'm from Iowa originally. If I'm on a trip (skiing or whatever) and someone asks where I'm from, I will ALWAYS say Las Vegas.

Was born in Omaha, Nebraska as my father was finishing medical school at Creighton. Moved to northern Minnesota while he completed his internship, then we moved to western Kentucky when I was about 4 where Daddy opened his practice.

I left Kentucky after high school graduation and returned to northern Minnesota to attend college. Left there and went to Washington, DC where I attended George Washington University and work for the FBI.

Married the first time and moved to suburban Maryland. Divorced. Remarried (Buck) and we were in the Maryland/DC area until 1994. That's when we moved to western Kentucky, about 6 miles from my childhood town. I'm still here and don't plan on leaving.

I love living here, except for the heat during the summer. I thrive in cooler climates. I loved, loved, loved living in Minnesota, but I'm really a Southern Gal at heart, so here I stay.

I was born in Utica New York and raised just outside there in new Hartford.

Upon graduation from high school, I enlisted in the Air Force and after electronics school, I spent the last 3 years of my hitch in New Jersey.
Got out, found a job in NJ and have been here ever since.

Given free choice, I would live in Louisiana or Mississippi. I traveled there a lot in one of my jobs. The people, the lifestyle, the food and everything else. It's just nice.

If the economy gets much worse, I could end up in Utica again.

I now live in Haledon, NJ and work in Manhattan. New York is amazing. It's just not the south.

AC

Born and raised in Santa Clara, California
Lived in the Santa Cruz Mountains for 6 years
Moved to San Francisco where I lived for 2 years until I moved to Bristol, England
Just moved back home to SF....and I won't be leaving anytime soon!!

Eventually I would love to get out of the US and move to Spain. :)

Grew up in Nassau county LI, New York
Got married and went to school in Philly,
Now back on LI (out east) Suffolk county.

Always loved being out east, still can get to the city (NYC) if I want to, but have the luxury of less crowded areas, beaches ...and can just ferry over to New England states.

Although LI is my home, I still visit Philly 2 times a year because it still seems like home to me too ( even though I only spent 4 years there), my first house was there, the first 4 years of my married life was there, my son was born there ( the only non native new yorker in my family). So we still go back to visit the Ben Franklin Science museum, Boat house row, Center city, Philadelphia flower show, longwood Gardens, Kennett square ( self proclaimed mushroom capital of the world, have an annual mushroom festival there), center city soft pretzels, fairmount park.....

.I live in Basingstoke, England, about an hour south east of London.
I was born in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and spent much of my childhood moving around Zimbabwe and South Africa.

My daughter lives in Norwich which I believe is north of London.

I am from here in the NE. Hope to end up some place warm.

where do you live--small town SE Wisconsin
where were you born--Milwaukee WI
what area do you most identify yourself with?--Wisconsin, land of 15,000 lakes, playground for Illinois.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom