Where do I buy oven-proof handle for my dutch oven?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
here is a photo of the pot.
i need it heat proof as i said.

let me know if you know.
thanks

Attachments

• msg423710037-62162.jpg
    msg423710037-62162.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 37
I have a Le Creuset and just remove it when I put it in a hot oven (such as for bread-baking). I put aluminum foil in the little hole.

I have a Le Creuset and just remove it when I put it in a hot oven (such as for bread-baking). I put aluminum foil in the little hole.

I've removed the knob on my Dutch oven before as well. But it's kind of a pain because it's tricky taking the lid back off with oven mitts and nothing to grab onto. I'd rather have a metal knob.

A lot of "plastic" on good quality cookware are good in the oven to about 350 degrees.

I've done it to 400 using foil to wrap. Have never gone over that temperature.

LOL, those are certainly cute, but I agree, they only say the dimensions for the plain circular knob, not the others.

At that price, you'd want to be sure! :LOL:

;) but I would think about it if there was a dragon, :rolleyes: and I don't even have a single Staub pot. :ermm:

Actually I once saw a finial in a dragon shape. Two reasons I didn't buy it although I really really wanted to... I looked at all my lamps and could not find one where I would be able to SEE the finial. Then there was the price, plus the shipping!

Had I a place to show it I think I might have talked myself into the price and even the shipping costs but... I buy things that, if they have a purpose they must be used for it. So it would have to go on a lamp which I would then not be able to see it... :ermm: :( doesn't work for me.

I also drooled for days weeks over a cast iron dragon (think it was somewhere in Virginia). Was a pot to put on my wood stove for moisture. Again, price and shipping put it waay out of my pocket book. Although, had I still been driving the snow bird cars to FL... I would have stopped and gotten one for sure :angel:

Back
Top Bottom