Where's Susan???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kloset BBQR said:
Nick,

I haven't heard anything from her yet. I'm worried about her too.

I don't think anything has happened to her, she's posted within the past couple of days on other BB's. Finney must of run her off! :D

I'm going over to Raichlen's board and try to bring her back. Who does Raichlen think he is trying to steal our girl?

Update

Ok, I just went over to Raichlen's board, registered and sent her a PM so as not to embarass her in front of the group. If she doesn't respond, I assume she's not coming back. Anything happen while I was on vacation? (3/18-3/28). I don't understand why she would leave.

I think she's been swayed by Raichlen's persona and fame. We can't compete with that.

Re: Update

Kloset BBQR said:
Ok, I just went over to Raichlen's board, registered and sent her a PM so as not to embarass her in front of the group. If she doesn't respond, I assume she's not coming back. Anything happen while I was on vacation? (3/18-3/28). I don't understand why she would leave.

I think she's been swayed by Raichlen's persona and fame. We can't compete with that.

Please, we can cook better than Raichlen on our worst day! He's got the fame, but we got the WSM's and the brains! Well everyone but Finney!

Captain Morgan said:
yeah tell Raichlen we'll trade him Finney for Susan.
:lmao: And Finney gave me shit for posting about him on the weekend! #-o

Captain Morgan said:
yeah tell Raichlen we'll trade him Finney for Susan. :!:
Time to sweeten the pot, they can have Larry too! :grin: <kiddin man, don't even think about it!>

I miss Susan too. I especially loved reading about all of her grilling adventures. Straight forward, no nonsense, get it done, creative, inspired, OOTB, fear no cook attitude, all rolled in to one.

What a gal.

If ya read this Susan I hope ya come back!

GlennR said:
Chris Finney said:
Nice to see I'm loved.... :-( :-( :-(

Don't worry Finn commodity. I've looked at the salary cap implications and it's not likely that Raichlen can afford the cap hit. You're staying here. So's Larry cause SR wouldn't even give us a "player to be named later" for him. :grin: :grin: :!:
:vent: :vent: :vent: :vent: :vent:

GlennR said:
Sorry I've been beatin' up on you lately Larry. It is all in Jest and I certainly wouldn't trade you for anybody. You're a five tool guy!

1. cue knowledge
2. sense of humor
3. picture taking/posting skills
4. everyday availability
5. Beer drinker!

But, I'm off topic here. Where's Susan?

:smooch:

GlennR said:
Larry Wolfe said:
GlennR said:
Sorry I've been beatin' up on you lately Larry. It is all in Jest and I certainly wouldn't trade you for anybody. You're a five tool guy!

1. cue knowledge
2. sense of humor
3. picture taking/posting skills
4. everyday availability
5. Beer drinker!

But, I'm off topic here. Where's Susan?

:smooch:

icky.
:lmao:

GlennR said:
Chris Finney said:
Nice to see I'm loved.... :-( :-( :-(

Don't worry Finn commodity. I've looked at the salary cap implications and it's not likely that Raichlen can afford the cap hit. You're staying here. So's Larry cause SR wouldn't even give us a "player to be named later" for him. :grin: :grin: :!:

Well, I'm glad Greg pays me so well. Although the BBQ Bible team would probably have some perks. But, I bet they're not selling white T-shirts at cost. Anything else for that matter.

You doofuses are playing right into her manipulative little clutches! Haven't any of you ever had dealings with a woman before?.....Oh , sorry, I forgot my audience!!!

Nick Prochilo said:
I think we should send Bill to look for her. He got Ludichris to come back! #-o
I didn't get him to come back. I sent him an email and he replied with his thoughts about this board saying he wouldn't come back, but then did on his own before before everyone pounded on him. Not defending him ~ Don't even know him.

I wouldn't ask anyone to come back to this board. It's to harsh. I stay here because there is a little I think I can contribute to some and there is alot of good information here. Many here say you have to have a thick skin to play here or get out. That, in my opinion, is what's costing this board members like Rita, Bryan, Keith, Ed, Jane, and I think Susan as well, and there are more. TexLaw made a damn good post last week about where the future of this board lies...And I agree with everything he said except I believe a happy medium can be reached. There's alot of animosity on this board (And yeah, I've been part of it) ~ Too much IMO, but as has been mentioned many times, thick skin is required.....

well, about the time Susan left I had a negative discussion with a new member, and if I was the cause of Susan leaving, I apologize to her and to all.

Still don't think I was out of line, but I understand how things get mis-
interpreted.

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1p5votqa]I think we should send Bill to look for her. He got Ludichris to come back! #-o
I didn't get him to come back. I sent him an email and he replied with his thoughts about this board saying he wouldn't come back, but then did on his own before before everyone pounded on him. Not defending him ~ Don't even know him.

I wouldn't ask anyone to come back to this board. It's to harsh. I stay here because there is a little I think I can contribute to some and there is alot of good information here. Many here say you have to have a thick skin to play here or get out. That, in my opinion, is what's costing this board members like Rita, Bryan, Keith, Ed, Jane, and I think Susan as well, and there are more. TexLaw made a damn good post last week about where the future of this board lies...And I agree with everything he said except I believe a happy medium can be reached. There's alot of animosity on this board (And yeah, I've been part of it) ~ Too much IMO, but as has been mentioned many times, thick skin is required.....[/quote:1p5votqa]

I have to agree with some of what you say here. I don't believe or want to believe thats why Susan isn't here. She stayed with all conversations and I always liked the advise see gave. She has hardley posted on TVWBB and I think something might be wrong. I hope she is fine and will be back soon. I have re-read some of her last posts and didn't see anything in them that would make somebody up and leave, maybe thats just me, I'm a little more thick skined then some. This board seems to me anyway to be a graduation from TVWBB. We have all cooked a little more and like to BS besides cook. All and any advise needed or given is always welcome by all, we just don't seem to get those"newbie" questions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom