Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only caught one of Jose Andres's PBS shows & wasn't impressed. Too much "oohing & aahing" & not enough cooking. That said, my husband gifted me with his "Made In Spain" cookbook, so I'll have to try some recipes & see how they come out.

curious, Toni, what tv show Patrick O'Connell cooks on or has cooked on, more than one guest appearance? That is one place I would LOVE to dine and stay at..... much moreso than The French Laundry.

I have been privileged to eat the food of (and to cook with in some cases) Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Emeril, Lidia Bastianich, and Mario Batali of the well-known tv "chefs." In every case, I would enjoy to repeat the experience. All produce (or produced) amazing, delicious food, and their company, while different in each case, was stimulating. :)

I live about 20-25 minutes from The Inn At Little Washington & have never felt the need or desire to visit. Really - $500+ for a meal for two in a refurbished old house (& yes, I've been in it)? Sorry - while I ADORE well-made inventive food, I'll NEVER believe in a lifetime that any meal is worth that sort of cash in this day & age. Plus, I was recently gifted with an "Inn At Little Washington" cookbook, & nothing in there can't be made by anyone for a dribble of what they charge. Sorry that I'm not a "Patrick" fan. Maybe it's because I live so close & hear so much.:ohmy:

I'll throw in these two golden oldies, Nathalie Dupree for Southern recipes and Marcia Adams for Amish and Mid -Western recipes I learned a lot of basics from both of them.

Are we getting away from the topic again? Talking of people we remember, as opposed to those we think are really the top tv chefs? :huh:

My vote in for Ina,she does really down to earth recipes so so she can sit doen and enjoy her guests.Fussy over the top cooks make me want to scream.

While I like many of Ina Garten's recipes, her television show & personality trigger my gag reflex. WAY over the top PHONY. All those dinner parties - especially the "surprise" ones - make me nuts. She's no actor, & neither are her vendors or guests. I wish she'd just stick to cooking & cut all that garbage out.

While I like many of Ina Garten's recipes, her television show & personality trigger my gag reflex. WAY over the top PHONY. All those dinner parties - especially the "surprise" ones - make me nuts. She's no actor, & neither are her vendors or guests. I wish she'd just stick to cooking & cut all that garbage out.

that is how i feel about here exactly. do use the "really good chocolate" and do use "the good olive oil" tried to get :chef:one of recipes from a show about two weeks ago. printer not working. it would not e mail to me. guess i am not
"the real good person, that deserves to have it" lol

Now I'm in agreement with ya there,she is a little too waspy for my taste but as far as her dishes go,she's my favorite.

I love love love Guy Fieri's personality, would love to meet and eat with him someday. But Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto's dishes look amazinggggg!

Odd you said that... in person, she is genuine and friendly. As for the format of her show, she is not in control of that. It's the producers!

Who said that nice Jewish girl is "waspy?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure she is very nice in person. I just can't stand any of the shows that have "fake" friends, "fake" surprise parties, "fake" vendor visits, etc., etc. It's so "drecky", as my mom would say - lol! I'm sure lots of folks like the show, & I certainly don't mean this as a reflection on them. It's just not my taste at all & so many of the shows have that format now. You'd think with Ina's popularity, she would have some say in her program setup.

In the subject at hand - for the current television chef, I would have to say Emeril. He's knowledgable, entertaining and I've not made a recipe of his yet that hasn't been absolutely foolproof and delicious :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom