which do you gravitate towards most often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
-sweet
-salty
-sour
-bitter
-bland
-savory
-rich
-spicy

as for me...
i absolutely HATE sweet foods/desserts/etc., with the exception of jolly ranchers, sour punch straws, and sour patch kids, i despise anything made with sugar... straight-out sweet foods are just so CLOYING...
even MILK is too sweet, sometimes.
i do eat cheesecake once or twice a year, though, as long as i don't have to ingest the crust, if there is one...
i like salty foods, and frequent the olive bar at the store, plus toss lots of cured meats into my cart . worcestershire is common at the table around here.
spicy foods appeal to me, too, but not as much as salty foods do... i usually add at least a little hot sauce, tabasco, peppers, curry paste, or red pepper flakes to my food, just so long as it suits the dish.
i like sour foods, too... pickles and my pickled garlic are my favorites.
savory foods are all me.
rich foods? well.... that depends... when it's hot outside, rich foods are just too hard on the stomach. but in the winter, i use lots of heavy cream and butter.
you?

All those you listed but the bland and the bitter. I've noticed in the last few months my use of salt has increased more. I'm not a huge sweet eater though except when that time of the month comes and then I usually battle trying to find out what it is I'm craving......something salty or something sweet.

lol, i just had a thought...
you know how most people get watery eyes and thier face contorts and they sort of shudder when they taste xomething really sour or something too-spicy?
welp, that's me if i taste something sugary.
i will spit something halfway across the room if it is sweet and i wasn't fully prepped for a sweet flavor. my tastebuds just automatically reject sugar in a way i can't even explain. it almost HURTS if i taste sweet foods.
i just cringe when someone eats dessert... i can't even look most of the time....
~shudder~
what is WRONG with me?
20.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean.. I love sweet stuff.. but when it's too rich, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.. lol :shock: That is why I don't like pecan pie that much.. it's always too rich.

salty, spicey, and sweet. when i'm hungry and i'm in limbo over what to eat, if i eat something salty and/or spicey, then something sweet, it cures the hunger.

I am a fan of savory, but I like just about all the others that you listed too.

Sweet is my least favorite, unless it is natural sweetness like fruit or something like that. People always think I am crazy when they are passing out cake and I do not take any. It is just too sickeningly sweet to me.

GB said:
I am a fan of savory, but I like just about all the others that you listed too.

Sweet is my least favorite, unless it is natural sweetness like fruit or something like that. People always think I am crazy when they are passing out cake and I do not take any. It is just too sickeningly sweet to me.

i KNOW, geebs, just read my earlier posts...

waynet, g = m1 + m2 / d squared, was just teachin my boy about that one now that he's mobile.... hey, that's my new signature...

gravity is the mass of body 1 plus the mass of body 2, divided by the sum of the distance between them squared, lol. i think. been a long time since i needed that one. well, i need it every day, but haven't thought of the formula in a long time.

buckytom said:
gravity is the mass of body 1 plus the mass of body 2, divided by the sum of the distance between them squared, lol. i think. been a long time since i needed that one. well, i need it every day, but haven't thought of the formula in a long time.

damn you threw math into it.. way to throw me off bucky

I like salty, spicey, savory, but sweet I CAN NOT do!!! Every so often maybe twice a year Ill go for a chocolate bar, ,most often thatn not though I will gladly decline sweet stuff......The kids anjoy the sweets, hubby enjoys the sweets but I can't seem to enjoy them too much....even ice cream,...ickkk.....

not big on bland or bitter.

everything else is fair game to me. pretzels, potato chips, cream sauces, cookies, cotton candy, fudge, buffalo wings, lemony piccata sauce.

It's only 8:25am here and now I want chicken piccata.

Back
Top Bottom