Which products you want there to be but there isn't?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i'm wondering. which food products you want to be able to buy in which are not available at all in your area or in general?

for me it is better quality meat and deli meats and also better fake meats

i would also like it if the consistency in good food was better and if there were much healthier places to eat outside.

Frozen root vegis, but not cut as small as diced carrots. I know you can get them in Denmark nowadays, because I saw a recipe that called for a bag of frozen, mixed root vegis. I checked on the web and sure enough, bags of frozen root vegis, in regular or rustic cut, in Danish supermarkets.

For me… fresh abalone, and Mele-Koi Hawaiian Coconut Snow.

I suppose it is still possible to get fresh abalone (just not where I am at), but the coconut snow is long gone… and it made the best pina coladas ever!

Fresh peas and Lima beans. Flavorful tomatoes. All tomatoes in Florida are very bland. I also agree on peaches with flavor. I gave up on that one.

for me it is better quality meat and deli meats and also better fake meats

i would also like it if the consistency in good food was better and if there were much healthier places to eat outside.

When you say much healthier places to eat outside, I take it you mean eating out at restaurants, fast food places, fast processed food available at gas stations/grocery stores. In the US, we have the same problem. The making of money (restaurants etc) isn't on health, it's on what tastes good and volume. (what tastes good depends on how you eat when you are not eating out)

I also wish the fake meats would be healthy instead of the protein isolates, and too much fat and oils. If it works for some, more power to them, it's a step up at least a small step.

The volume of serving size has gone up and health quality has gone down. This is true in the US, and the problem is also international for any areas with higher populations.

In our household, we eat at home. We carry an emergency food box in our vehicles. We regularly carry snacks if we are out a long time. If we are gone for a day, we carry coolers of food. The availability of healthy choices at restaurants is very small no matter the restaurant. My favorite 'going out' food, is food we take to meet friends and we eat at a picnic table at a park.

We aren't NOW struggling to find food items (as we did in 2020), as we buy in bulk, grow a garden, can/freeze/dehydrate our own food. We struggle to find quality appliances, contractors that want to work and show up, and we wait for the market to level out (or get worse) in buying wood and metal items. Replacement parts for quality things that break after years and years, are difficult to find. Canning lids, have been an issue this past 12 months.

blissful

even tho the situation in israel is pretty bad in that aspect the food is mostly different than in N america and europe.

hummus restaurants a plentiful in number and not that bad unless you eat a lot.

there is even a restaurant in south tel aviv that has a healthy vegetarian fare of stews. there are a couple more like this restaurant but this one is the best. its name is HAKAYMAK

they have a wonderful white long bean stew.
they even issued a book which i have.

eating at home is in my opinion one of the most important things that can be done.

if people will eat at home there will be less wars in my opinion because all the food outside is causing a lot of stress in people.

Last edited:
STB- can you explain in more depth, what you mean when you say there will be less wars? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering how this has impacted you or others.

I looked at the facebook page for Caffe Kaymak, they have very beautiful attractive looking food, with many spices and varieties. I can imagine that some of it will be healthy.

Last edited:
i can just guess.. that if people will eat rightt (can't easily be happened outside homes) they will be more concentrated to solve things in our world

people also need to have more confidence and one of the most confidence giving things is better cooking abilities because people live on food and it is along with our great soldiers that protect us make us live

one of my dreams is that the food that soldiers eat at bases will be better or much better and.. more healthy..

it is unbelievable how many people are eating so much 'bad for you food'

good food and diet make us think much clearer

don't be scared by me....

i like to talk differently because i think it makes people more tolerantt because they confront with me who talks differently....

{it's a huge aim that i've when i participate online}

I agree with you STB, eating healthy food does make us think much clearer. I'm not scared by you. Just wondering what you meant. I'd sure love to hear about the long bean soup/stew, and some of the dishes from the region where you live. We're always expanding our food horizons here.

I had to stop and try to think of something that I'd like to be able to find, and I couldn't think of anything, at first. In the past, if something was unavailable, I would try to grow it! That is why I have those makrut/kaffir lime trees - after a time back in the 90s, they couldn't be brought into the country, due to the possibility of bringing citrus diseases into the country, and were suddenly not available! So in 2000 I started them. I don't know if that happened at the same time with curry leaves, too (they are also in the citrus family), but I couldn't find fresh, years later, so I started that one, in 2008 or 9. Demand for these caused them to start growing in this country, and eventually, they were available fresh, though not as good as fresh from the plant, as with anything. Szechwan peppercorns also had this happen for a period of time; fortunately, I had about 3 lbs of those in my freezer, when this started, and still had some, when the importing was allowed, once again!

One thing I would like to see, but probably never will, since it wouldn't ship well fresh, is HojaSanta. Like many herbs, it isn't good dried, and I grew it once, several years ago, and still have a vacuum sealed package for maybe 2 recipes in the freezer, but the last two times the seeds wouldn't germinate. I'll keep trying, since I know it will never be available around here.

I'd like to see healthy sausages, and foods that have reduced phosphorous levels, especially root veggies, meats, and fish. I'd like to see affordable, high quality food.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

i used to make chicken thighs sausages without a good success

it's not easy to find casings for them too in my country

Heard on this mornings news imitation meat sales are way down.
Out here in the Southwest US Real meat cost had near doubled but seems to be easing up a bit.

Attachments

• C767CFA8-3547-45D4-B550-F444BD8F72E0.jpg
    C767CFA8-3547-45D4-B550-F444BD8F72E0.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 43
do you mean Beyond meat products for example?

i've heard about health concerns regarding them

what are some foods that you want were known better to people in different countries?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom