Whiskas Un-disappears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Hello me hearties. After almost a year’s sabbatical, I’m back. We both had wee small health challenges to tackle, Luckily not at the same time and no- covid. A few battle scars, but otherwise I would say we are both better and badder than ever.

I regret I did not keep up with DC forums and find it is necessary to check individual topics rather than paging through daily entries. That’s ok, doing this will keep me out of trouble with no danger to the public. I did not get to do any gardening at all last year either. Planning ahead and looking forward to it. This may be the more formidable task, best done in small steps early in the day before it gets too hot out.

Well, it feels like today is a celebration day, ( as should everyday.) Today seems wonderfully auspicious. Soooo… Ice cream for Everyone. I’ll scoop

LOL... when I first saw the title I thought it was a comment on cat food..:rolleyes:

I had to change cat food/brands 3 times last year :mad: as all the stores seem to run out of and took a very long time to replace. Whiskas was one of them!

Maybe they all went to help you and yours, eh Whiskas?

Such a silly blunder on my part, would you consider giving me 2 scoops so I'll feel better?

Certainly, Dragnlaw-- close your eyes and pick your favorite flavors.

I know what you mean about cat food shortages. Can't figure why this keeps happening. And believe me, little Miss Whiskas does not take well to change. She gets real yowly

I'm wondering if it is a Minnesota thing, last year for me was also full of health challenges including scars and two bouts with Covid, though i would not even have know about the second one if I was not required to get tested for something.

I wonder how come we never get together since we both living in Twin Cities. Maybe we should?

Oh, I hope it's not a "minnesota thing" finding ways to pit our bodies vs elements we have little or no control over. Nobody wants to go through those situations. SO had her 3rd and longest- 12 hour- brain surgery followed by a 4th, "corrective" surgery which put her back in the ICU again. Me, I'm probably accident prone which earned me a two day hospitalization as well. Good thing I haven't driven a car in 25 years, so I am no danger to the public.

We are both still gun -shy about Covid. SO will hardly go anywhere. She went shopping w/ her sister a few weeks ago, but elected to wait in the car rather than actually go in any shops. Me, I try to avoid crowds, no movies, restaurants, etc., very little social interaction, and only walk to local stores on foot, which meant not anywhere over the winter. If it wasn't the weather itself, it was fear of treacherous sidewalks. Thank goodness for grocery and amazon delivery, streaming movies and zoom calls with the kids. My local branch library puts books on reserve for you, emails when available, You go in, pull the books marked with your "code #, and self check out. In and out in 5 minutes or less.

This all is probably a bit extreme and a bit irrational. It's what works for us right now. I am supprised we have managed to get along pretty well with each other for this long a period of time !

Last edited:
Wow, Whiskas you've certainly had a full winter! Well, Spring is here and the blooms are appearing!

You too Charlie!

Enjoy!

My library also does that. After a few hiccups I learned the auto check-out. They even have an auto check-in. Lay the book on the mat and it is suddenly snatched down into the hatch and clears your library card. :ohmy:

Dragnlaw wrote "My library... also have an auto check-in. Lay the book on the mat and it is suddenly snatched down into the hatch and clears your library card."

O yeah. I forgot this important step.

...SO had her 3rd and longest- 12 hour- brain surgery followed by a 4th, "corrective" surgery which put her back in the ICU again. Me, I'm probably accident prone which earned me a two day hospitalization as well. Good thing I haven't driven a car in 25 years, so I am no danger to the public...
My goodness, Whiska, that sounds rough! I hope all your issues are behind you and you both stay healthy - for the sake of the grands, of course. ;)

I was absolutely paranoid of Covid when it first came out. I even restricted my shopping to once every three weeks (because 21 days was the originally believed incubation period). Wouldn't even go near Himself for those three weeks because he has medical issues.

Now we're back to a life similar to the Before Times, except with precautions. Not saying much, seeing as how we hardly ever went out before Covid anyway. :LOL: CDC: "Stay home. Don't go to crowded places. Restrict your time spend in stores." Us: "So, like normal."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom