Who makes Christmas food gifts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silversage

Head Chef
I’m making jars of homemade gifts this year. My plan is caramel-milk chocolate hot fudge sauce ( Sanders copycat), bourbon ginger apple butter, pickled red onions, and cognac cranberry jam.

The fudge sauce is done, the rest will be made this week. The plan is to bundle one of each and tie them up as a gift.

Who else is making gifts this year?

For my sister who is also my neighbor; canned raspberry jam made with her raspberries! and 4 quarts of chicken stock made with local organic chickens and my onions, garlic, celery, and parsley.

Nothing.

I would love to make things for my friends and acquaintances, but they prefer "shop bought brands" and my home made piccalilli (much appreciated by 3 annual recipients) is a prime example.

It takes time, money, effort, creativity and love to make food gifts.

It takes ten seconds to order something on Amazon and have it delivered.

I hope other people have recipients who appreciate that cooking something for someone is a very caring and special thing to do!

Nothing.

I would love to make things for my friends and acquaintances, but they prefer "shop bought brands" and my home made piccalilli (much appreciated by 3 annual recipients) is a prime example.

It takes time, money, effort, creativity and love to make food gifts.

It takes ten seconds to order something on Amazon and have it delivered.

I hope other people have recipients who appreciate that cooking something for someone is a very caring and special thing to do!

One year I gave a friend an assortment of homemade items, including a large bottle of vanilla and one of lemoncello. She acted like she thought I couldn’t be bothered shopping for her. I got a real ‘meh’ reaction. I took.her off my gift list after that.

I’m at a point in life where I don’t need anything, and neither do my friends. If we want something, we buy it. I certainly don’t need one more necklace, vase, or candle holder. A handmade gift means so much more to me………

Cookies only for me, too, and nothing like I used to. Too many people moved away, passed away, or have diabetes, so nowhere near the number to give them too, plus I used to give a lot at work. Over 6,000 in the highest year, but it was usually between 3,500-4,500. Had a lot of help with all those, though I always made the dough. Now, I might do 7 or 800, making sure I don't eat a lot of them. :LOL:

This year for my Neighborhood Gal Pals, I'm
making Copycat Dark Chocolate Moose Munch.
I've made my Christmas gifts for a very long time.
Be it food or crafts, I make gifts, I don't order stuff online and
have it shipped impersonally, other than to my sister ...
She doesn't deserve my time and energy, mostly I just
send her a card, Merry Christmas, that's it!
She's an extremely ungrateful little so and so.
Like Silversage said, she's off my list. :glare:

I make shortbread and pack it up in boxes for a few friends. Some years I also bake Yulekage but again, only for a few friends who don't bake.

One interesting twist is that most folks I know enjoy baking - they already have an abundant supply of cookies, cakes, breads, etc. They are delicious but fattening.!

Ready to gift

Attachments

• CCFFF33C-B89F-4F78-96E1-34CFEECF2E55.jpg
    CCFFF33C-B89F-4F78-96E1-34CFEECF2E55.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 44
silversage I'm going to PM you my address. <wink>
Those packages look gorgeous. Go you!

this year for my neighborhood gal pals, i'm
making copycat dark chocolate moose munch.
I've made my christmas gifts for a very long time.
Be it food or crafts, i make gifts, i don't order stuff online and
have it shipped impersonally, other than to my sister ...
She doesn't deserve my time and energy, mostly i just
send her a card, merry christmas, that's it!
She's an extremely ungrateful little so and so.
Like silversage said, she's off my list. :glare:

IMG_1166.jpg

This year for some sweet friends I'm going to gift them with a basket of a bottle of wine, some Christmas-painted goblets, along with some of my homemade Parmigiano-Romano spicy cheese crisps.

Love doing this for my friends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom