Whoa! Alot of activity on Wednesday!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
35 users online at once last Wednesday!!!! Well, apparently, there is alot of interest in this site. I think that may even blow the Texas site away! Nothing wrong here! we just need to have these folks join in the conversation aye? Woodman

There were a large number of visitors that night...I think 20 or so at one time plus 15 or so members...that's a lot!! :D

The board was down for half an hour or so late that afternoon and I thought when it came back up, that's when I saw all the visitors...Might have been a buffer storing counts while the board was down..

The board only keeps real-time stats...I asked the Site Admin of the whole board about the # of people...he said it was real...

Niagara River Smoker said:
The board was down for half an hour or so late that afternoon and I thought when it came back up, that's when I saw all the visitors...Might have been a buffer storing counts while the board was down..

Please repeat in English, thanks! ;-) :-D

Greg Rempe said:
The board only keeps real-time stats...I asked the Site Admin of the whole board about the # of people...he said it was real...
Well that's "real" cool! :-D

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Niagara River Smoker":1bxw41a3]The board was down for half an hour or so late that afternoon and I thought when it came back up, that's when I saw all the visitors...Might have been a buffer storing counts while the board was down..

Please repeat in English, thanks! ;-) :-D[/quote:1bxw41a3]
A buffer is like a FIFO (first in first out)..It stores data until it can be outputed. Or were you just kidding? :p

Niagara River Smoker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":zs43mscz][quote="Niagara River Smoker":zs43mscz]The board was down for half an hour or so late that afternoon and I thought when it came back up, that's when I saw all the visitors...Might have been a buffer storing counts while the board was down..

Please repeat in English, thanks! ;-) :-D[/quote:zs43mscz]
A buffer is like a FIFO (first in first out)..It stores data until it can be outputed. Or were you just kidding? :p[/quote:zs43mscz]

No I wasn't kidding! :D You know how computer illiterate I am! Thanks for the translation, but I still don't understand! I'll just have to take your word for it! :-D :-D

Basically Bill is saying that when the board was down, if you tried to get on, it was counting your attempt and saving it to show when the board came back up... :bow:

The Admin said that in order for it to count, you must see the board on your screen...otherwise it is not going to register.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom