Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is something strange that happened to me this week! I will start from the beginning. I started my diet since last February. I was 182 Ibs. I am not complaining of any disease, I am only doing this diet to look fit. I am 32 years old. I was following a diet that I planned for myself. It depends on eating lots of fruits and veggies with a piece of meat, chicken or fish at dinner and very low carbs. I had the same meals over and over day after day until I got super bored. On Thursday I used to dine out and eat anything with no restrictions. I lost 17 Ibs. in about 2 months and remained the same weight for 2 more months until last week. This week I decided to change my breakfast to 1 hard boiled egg with one bran toast instead of 2 bran toast with 1 teaspoon of low fat cream cheese. My lunch and dinner is still the same. Fortunately I lost 4 pounds in one week and I am still loosing more. I feel very happy.

I am down 45 lbs since February. I lost about 30 lbs right off the bat then plateaued for 3 months. Now I am hitting it hard again and have lost another 15 since July. I figured I have about 25 lbs left to get high school skinny again. :)

I walk/run 3-3.5 miles every morning then do it again at night after dinner. Holding calories at 1500 or under and carbs under 100 grams. I also take a daily vitamin and 2000 mg of vitamin C to help regulate blood sugar.

I am down 45 lbs since February. I lost about 30 lbs right off the bat then plateaued for 3 months. Now I am hitting it hard again and have lost another 15 since July. I figured I have about 25 lbs left to get high school skinny again. :)

I walk/run 3-3.5 miles every morning then do it again at night after dinner. Holding calories at 1500 or under and carbs under 100 grams. I also take a daily vitamin and 2000 mg of vitamin C to help regulate blood sugar.
Congratulations on your loss!! I am in the same situation as you. I also lost 30# in a short time. I am now in the plateau stage. It gets discouraging at times & I think what the heck I can just as well it it anyway. I am getting back into healthy eating but I need to put more concentration on exercise.

I cut out coffee and soda and now drink only green tea and water.

I started losing weight without changing any of my actual eating habits.

Thing is, I'm fuller quicker.

I guess all that coffee and soda just stretched me out or something.

With my Dad taking sick again and being in hospital, convalescent care and needing more of me at home, I have not been able to do much. I have gained all ten pounds, am sluggish and don't have the muscle tone on my legs and stomach that I worked so hard to get.

It's not Dad's fault, just worked out that way. Anyway, I am hoping to go back to the pool tomorrow.

And I get a lot of encouragement here.

With my Dad taking sick again and being in hospital, convalescent care and needing more of me at home, I have not been able to do much. I have gained all ten pounds, am sluggish and don't have the muscle tone on my legs and stomach that I worked so hard to get.

It's not Dad's fault, just worked out that way. Anyway, I am hoping to go back to the pool tomorrow.

It's time for some you time and maybe even some time for that fella you married.:)

It's definitely a full time job!

It seems like we all spend the first half of our life tearing our bodies apart and the second half trying to glue them back together.

All you can do is hang in there and keep trying!

One foot in front of the other.

Tomorrow is a new day for a fresh start. Sometimes "life" can get in the way of taking care of ourselves. It just shows what a giving & caring person you are. Don't give up, you can do this!:)

It's time for some you time and maybe even some time for that fella you married.:)
Yep, on both counts! I have a doctor's appointment in Vancouver Wednesday, actually an assessment meeting at the pain clinic which I have been waiting two years for. I have informed Dad I have getting a care worker in for his lunch. I am hoping that leads to him realizing this could/should be a regular thing.

As for DH, it is his birthday Friday and our 10th anniversary on September 1st (also the 20th anniversary of the day we met for five minutes in the middle of nowhere :LOL:).

I have lots of good plans! The Y is the start of it - me time to the max!:)

Yep, on both counts! I have a doctor's appointment in Vancouver Wednesday, actually an assessment meeting at the pain clinic which I have been waiting two years for. I have informed Dad I have getting a care worker in for his lunch. I am hoping that leads to him realizing this could/should be a regular thing.

As for DH, it is his birthday Friday and our 10th anniversary on September 1st (also the 20th anniversary of the day we met for five minutes in the middle of nowhere :LOL:).

I have lots of good plans! The Y is the start of it - me time to the max!:)

I just did the math...27 years!! For the Green One and I.

But, a 10th Anniversary is Special! Anything special planned?:)

Back when I graduated from college I weighed around 150, now I'm up to 170 and wishing I still had the stamina and speed on the tennis court that I used to. Maybe I've just been enjoying all sorts of cookies too much, but around a month ago I decided to cut out all sweets from my diet except for 1 object, whatever it be a day. And so far I've lost 5lbs. Slow, but I think I'm getting there.

Back when I graduated from college I weighed around 150, now I'm up to 170 and wishing I still had the stamina and speed on the tennis court that I used to. Maybe I've just been enjoying all sorts of cookies too much, but around a month ago I decided to cut out all sweets from my diet except for 1 object, whatever it be a day. And so far I've lost 5lbs. Slow, but I think I'm getting there.
:clap:What a great way to start, and you still allow yourself that "little indulgence". Don't think of it as being slow.....look at it that you are training your system to not want the sweets long term. :)

For me it's all about portion size and having no control over it. I don't really eat rubbish but I do have an enormous appetite so tend to over eat on the healthy stuff.

My problem is that I always need something sweet after I eat. I cannot just stop at 1 bite. It's my biggest challenge. I started a new program at the gym today. It helps to stay accountable.

My problem is that I always need something sweet after I eat. I cannot just stop at 1 bite. It's my biggest challenge. I started a new program at the gym today. It helps to stay accountable.

I have this issue too. I used to have quite an active job and would be on my feet somedays for 12 hours, trouble now is my appetite is the same but i'm not burning more than my intake to am having to think about what I eat.

I have been exercising 3-4 days a week. I need to get more serious about eating healthier.

i have finally just accepted the facts about my weight. at my age , i can't be very active. the old bones, just won't do it. do use my bike. anyway, just eating what i like, and trying not to eat to much of it. probably not a good idea to do severe diets anyway. that's my excuse, what's yours?

im cooking more at home and trying to teach my kids eating out is a treat not something that u have to eat everyday. I let my kids help me with some stuff and they like that because they are very involved. I lost 125lbs and since they see me smaller they want to be healthy as well.

I need something sweet at the end of each meal too! Sure, I'd like to lose the "last 5 pounds" but I'd rather eat and be happy! I started a new workout regimen a month and a half ago, more to get myself back in shape. I'll be taking a long trip soon, and would prefer to walk and explore instead of jumping into a cab. My old body couldn't handle walking 30 minutes, let alone the whole day! I feel a lot healthier now, but still eating my sweets!

Back
Top Bottom