Why do people not comment at the MEDIA section?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never look at the media section unless something catches my eye in the random media on the homepage.

No special reason, I just don’t. 🤷‍♀️

another question is why people not participating in food discussion.
there is no much traffic here for example

IMO forums like DC are a thing of the past.

I think the majority of young people come to the internet looking for a specific recipe, solution, etc… and have little interest in becoming part of a specialized online community.

IMO forums like DC are a thing of the past.

I think the majority of young people come to the internet looking for a specific recipe, solution, etc… and have little interest in becoming part of a specialized online community.
is it much different in facebook or other places?

FB has groups where people discuss food, but they tend to be pretty much just about food. The off topic forums here help us get to know each other. I find it's much friendlier here.

Forums are more community focused, sharing understanding.

Social media seems to have evolved towards focus individuals where content only flows outwards. There isn't an exchange or cross fertilization nor a fostering of understanding.

It's look at me, not let's be we.

This forum has about 45,000-50,000 members. Maybe one tenth of one percent of those members appear on the site daily to actually discuss cooking. The media section is a RANDOM display of every photo a member has posted so the odds of your seeing a photo of someone you have actually dealt with or see a food photo you are interested in are slim indeed.

Forums are more community focused, sharing understanding.

Social media seems to have evolved towards focus individuals where content only flows outwards. There isn't an exchange or cross fertilization nor a fostering of understanding.

It's look at me, not let's be we.
I guess we look at different social media. There are certainly people who interact with social media in the way you describe. I follow interesting people on Twitter and learn stuff. I'm a member of a few genealogy groups on Facebook, where people help each other decipher old, handwritten records in different languages, as well as explaining old records, helping with "dead ends", sharing resources, ... Similar help and sharing of resources in other groups. I also use social media to keep up with friends and family.

I guess we look at different social media. There are certainly people who interact with social media in the way you describe. I follow interesting people on Twitter and learn stuff. I'm a member of a few genealogy groups on Facebook, where people help each other decipher old, handwritten records in different languages, as well as explaining old records, helping with "dead ends", sharing resources, ... Similar help and sharing of resources in other groups. I also use social media to keep up with friends and family.
I agree. My social media feeds are similar.

My Facebook feed is one way I use to keep track of the kids and my friends. Except for a couple of authors I follow, ALL of the people in my Friends list are people I know in real life. I have friends with various views of life and such. Sometimes the algorithm Facebook uses can make my news feed...interesting?, since I have friends whose views range from the far right to the far left, politically speaking. While I may not agree with all they say, I still love 'em.

it is sometimes nice to look around when you are bored
I never look at the media, either. Maybe some of us are busy enough with other things in life that we don't get bored?

This seems to be a recurring comment every year or two around this time of year. Spring can be a busy season in the U.S. with spring cleaning, garden planting, house repairs, etc, that take us away from sitting at a computer and chatting. Like everything else in life, conversations here ebb and flow.

Didn't watch that, but there is a difference between being bored and being lazy. After a day or two of working hard (cleaning and moving furniture; gardening and rolling the wheelbarrow uphill to dump weeds and sticks in our wooded area; etc), I just want to be lazy. That's when I pick up one of many books on my TBR (to be read) stack and get lost in the story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom