Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Why do I get a message box saying my replies are too short, when they are not? It says to add 4 more characters. Then when I do I get the same message?

Joey

While I didn't have it happen today, I did a few days ago when I was trying to quote something. Actually, it was in a PM I was trying to reply to and my reply was outside the quotes but it just wouldn't work. Just thought I would give you another context for the problem! :)

I don't know if this has nay bearing, but I just tried ti multi-quote and could not.

The minimum character count is 4. This does not include any (multi)quoted text.

If there is still a problem please PM me and I can have a deeper look.

How come?

+1 is only two characters. It now wants at least 4 characters or it gives you PF's error message. To read the message "picture", click on it and it will get bigger. or you could just try to post the message "+1".

I'm sure the Techies here can fix the problem.

Who wants to bet on how long it takes? I'd say within 2 days.

The minimum character count is 4. This does not include any (multi)quoted text.

If there is still a problem please PM me and I can have a deeper look.

It didn't use to be 4, it was less for a bit. I could use ~ to create a character to post a pic.

It used to be more than 5 and Janet fiddled with it about 2 yrs ago. She got it dropped to 1 or 2 characters so that you could reply with a smiley.

Are we having issues with flamers Frank?

It was changed for a couple of reasons.

It does help keep people on their toes when we make changes. And smilies are made up of a code that is usually longer : lol : for instance.

But when I did my PM I had a whole paragraph, and it was most definitely outside the quote of the original message. I didn't report it then because I thought it was just me! :innocent:

Back
Top Bottom