Windmill Knives (Robert Herder)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you be interested in purchasing Windmill Knives if there was a US supplier?

• Total voters

jlkansascity

Assistant Cook
Has anyone figured out where to get Windmill knives yet? I read the old posts. The Cutlery Shop (google it, I don't have permission to post URLs) has them, but it costs over $60.00 to ship to the US. Anyone know a frequent traveler (flight attendant) who travels to Germany who would ship some back?

I've been trying to get these to the US, but they don't seem very interested in US customers.

JL

What are you talking about? The first site that poped up in google had all the info on mailing to us. is this a spam or something?

I'm not spam - windmill knives

CharlieD;

No, I'm not spam. The first site I see when looking it up in google is Cutlery-Shop. I agree, it shows shipping to the US, and if money was no object I could order from that site. It would cost 4 times more for shipping than the cost of the knife (assuming the kitchen classic, or some simple knife). Like most of us, money is part of the equation for me and I can't see paying $69.90 (euro) shipping for a $14.99 (euro) knife, assuming I wanted the classic kitchen knife. A US distributor would import in bulk, and minimize the shipping costs.

To use an analogy, this shipping equation would be like buying a TV for $1,000.00 online, and then paying $4,000.00 shipping. Most folks, including me, wouldn't do that.

I think this is a major contributing factor to the lack of support for Windmill Knives in the US; there is no cost-effective way to get them to the US, and the manufacturer doesn't seem interested.

I'm just curious if anyone has found a better way to get these into the US. I spent considerable time working on a solution back in 2007, but haven't spent time recently so was looking for any other news, since I saw some old threads on this site.

Thanks,
JL

Try:
Susan Woods Studio/Aswoon, LLC Brooklyn, NY 11205
MoMA Retail 11 West 53rd Street New York, NY 10019 212-708-9737
Egbert's 2231 First Avenue Seattle Washington 98121

I have some of their Eichenlaub stainless cutlery. Subjectively, the Eichenlaub patterns are nice; but knife edge retention is not outstanding.

Well, what can I say, I am in the same boat, i wanted to buy a small painting and the coast of shipping is the same as painting. So I am trying to negotiate with the company and trying to find the way to get it cheapper right now.

I've never even heard of Windmill knives?? There are plenty of good imported and American-made knives available so I wonder what is so great about Windmill knives that you have to have them??

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "classic kitchern knife"; but if it is your basic chefs knife, you can get Forschner knives for just a few dollars more and they are excellent knives!!!

Back
Top Bottom