Wine alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitabsk0254

Assistant Cook
i have a recipe that i would like to try, but it calls for 1/2 cup each of madeira wine, port win and white wine, are there any substitutions that aren't alcoholic, since i couldn't possibly buy it because im not 21?

Honestly, with those 3 ingredients being all hard to replace, I would consider finding a recipe that doesn't require alcohol. It's going to be hard to duplicate with substitutions. There are some great recipes for punches/drinks here without alcohol or if you want me to find one for you I will.

thanks

thats ok, thanks, it is for a turkey im making for tomorrow to urprise my parents, but ill see if a friend can just buy the wine, its a shame though to have to open three bottles for just a half cup... my mom can have fun with the rest i guess...

LOL - Actually I kind of like that for a saying saying - surprise, not uprise!

Yep, the stuff you want isn't expensive - probably $5-$6 each - Good luck and if you get a chance post the recipe - it sounds great! I just happen to have those 3 ingredients on hand (I'd let you have a cup of each but something tells me you probably don't live down the street!) :?

I bought a bottle of madeira for my beef wellington, it cost £10 which is about $17 in your money!!! Wish I could sent it over for you!!! It's very nice too, so I don't think the remains will go to waste! By the way, the legal age in England for drinking is 18, wish it was 21, so many silly teenage boys in our village last night....grrrrr. :twisted:

LOL on the drinking age - they're not much better at 21 are they? (sorry boys :oops: )

Did everything turn out anitabsk0254? Let us know!

results

Actually, everything was great, even though all i could get was some white wine. My parents are still talking about it. even if i was in england, i still couldn't drink, because im still only 17, and i have been to london and i miss it so much even though i'd only been there for a day. oh and i have a link to the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25005,00.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom