Winner Winner; Sunday Dinner 12/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Seared Roast Beef, Sautee'd Baby 'Bella Caps, Mashed Idaho's with Creamed Corn "Gravy", and a Salad...

Roast Beef, Idaho's.jpg

I made a double batch of chili with 4 pounds of chuck. While that was simmering, I made a batch of corn muffins. All that and a beer was dinner tonight.

Attachments

• 4E5D1588-8B00-46BD-84FA-50FDAF737AE9_1_105_c.jpg
    4E5D1588-8B00-46BD-84FA-50FDAF737AE9_1_105_c.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 83
I made some Tom Yum Goong - Thai Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup. That was fairly fast to make, but I almost (key word, almost) ran out of nam prik pao, so after dinner I made another pint of NPP, which took longer than dinner! But it's one of those things I always have on hand, and it saves me a lot of time in the long run. I made about 50% more this time, to refill my pint jar (actually, to fill a clean pint jar), and the rest went in an 8 oz jar for a friend, who loves the stuff, but still doesn't make it.
Nam prik pao, for refilling pint for Christmas! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We ordered out. We had two different pasta dishes.

I had "Fettuccini alla Giovanni", "Cream, Brandy, shallots, ground pepper, portobello mushrooms, pesto, pancetta ( Italian bacon ), sundried tomatoes and Kalamata black olives" Stirling had "Capelli con Pesto di Pomodori e Portobello", "Angel hair pasta in a creamy pesto sauce with broccoli, portebello mushrooms, sundried tomato, white wine, romano cheese, topped with roasted pine nuts" and a Caesar salad. There was also their usual, complimentary baguette.

It was delicious, but we have loads of leftovers.

We had gently fried pork chops with apple butter, sausage-stuffed jalapeno poppers, and a tossed salad with Caesar's dressing. Unfortunately, we are out of ice milk right now. water was the beverage of choice. Butterscotch pudding was desert, hot from the stove.

seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom