Wire Grill basket Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never used one so cannot offer experiences. I tend to grill a smaller variety of vegetables that are either whole or in large pieces so a basket isn't necessary.

That said, the basket is a good way to grill a medley of smaller seasoned veggie pieces tossed with oil.

I have one that looks a LOT like that one and it's great for grilling veggies on the grill. You can shake and toss them and move them all easily if you are getting flare ups from the oil (if used). You aren't going to get nice grill marks if doing large pieces of something, but it's perfect for smaller cut veggies.
I treat it like my grill grate and burn it off and wire brush it to clean it.

they work pretty well for small veggies (or veggies that have been sliced small).

it definitely helps with things like asparagus or stringbeans from falling through the grates. like andy said, make sure you toss the veggies in oil first, and some salt and pepper.

that brings a thought to mind. i wonder if anyone has ever grilled peas before.

btw, it also works well for things like shrimp , squid rings, oysters,and small clams. just make sure you have a very hot charcoal fire or a searing burner on your grill for the shrimp and squid to flash grill them or you'll end up with tasty rubber.

I have used ours a few times, but I like grill marks, so now I use either flat skewers or double round skewers if I can't find the flat.

Back
Top Bottom