Woll frying pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul

Assistant Cook
Seen a demonstration of some frying pans earlier this year at a show, called Woll (German), and was very impressed with them. I have now found out a company who sells these pans in Nottingham, but they are expensive, the one i fancied was £93.00. Does anybody know anything about these or any other QUALITY frying pans. Are Woll the best or can anybody reccomend any other makes that are as good as Woll.

Paul;
I am unfamiliar with that line and have been unable to find out anything about them. However, 149 dollars (roughly) is a WHOLE lot of money for one skillet! Kichenaid, Cuisinart, and many other companies make very good skillets for a WHOLE lot less. You could use the difference for some good diver's scallops!

Woll

I don't know if you're still interested but I've been collecting these the last couple of years from trade shows (it's much cheaper) and they are the best. They are seriously non-stick, wash up like a dream and I love the way you can click the handle off to fit in the oven. They may be more expensive than lesser pans - but they are so much better. Do believe the hype!

Woll Pans

I've had a couple of these pans for years and they are the best! I'd be interested to know your source in Nottingham because I bought my last one from Jessops but they don't stock them any more.

Woll pan

My husband and I bought a Woll pan at the BBC Good Food Exhibition (year before last) and it has been the best cooking purchase we've made.
Yes it is pricey, but boy was it worth it.
;)

Curious how this thread has been started and posted to by first timers to our group.

choclatechef said:
Methinks Psiguy smells a rat/salesman!

Well, I don't have "Smell-o-Vision," so I don't actually smell anything, except Bangbang's underarms and other gasseous problems. On the other hand, you ain't far from the truth. :LOL:

We have had a Woll pan for the last three years - initially it was superb - now it's sticky. It still does great cooking - good heat retention, distribution etc, but it ain't non stick any more.
I am considering buying a replacement despite the cost, but I'm left wondering - is there a re coating option from the manufacturer ?

I too have had a Woll pan for some 2 years and after initially being overjoyed by it's non-stick properties and therefore tolerant of its weight and non-dishwasherbility. However, I am now stuck with a cumbersome, heavy frying pan that needs soaking and hand washing after each use. I have seen the guys at the exhibitions who've said it needs re-seasoning but despite following their instruction it seems the non-stick has gone for good:(

I was told by a Woll salesman at an exhibition that the reason my pan had lost its non-stick was due to carbon build up. He said the way to remove and re-season was to bring the pan up to a high heat and keep wiping over with clean pieces of kitchen roll which had clean oil on - you keep on doing this with fresh pieces of kitchen roll until they come away clean. You then allow the pan to cool and it's supposed to be like new - however:

1. you fast realise you can't do this many times unless you have asbestos hands!
2. you go through quite an amout of kitchen roll
3. I personally didn't find it made any difference at all - despite now having performed this several times on the pan

My pan is now so much hassle to clean I rarely use it.

Still agree, that for the first year it was awesome!

Thanks, Debbony, maybe I'll try it some time - but I've no reason th think I'll be any more successful than you have been!

Back
Top Bottom