Would you eat this meal replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it green?

And no thanks on the eating it.
Now if it is a liquid I can see a use for it. Cancer patients that have feeding tubes.

Patients (not just cancer) who have feeding tubes have their blood tested periodically and the nutritional fluid is made specifically for their nutritional needs, which may not all be the same.

As long as I could eat real food, I would.

Patients (not just cancer) who have feeding tubes have their blood tested periodically and the nutritional fluid is made specifically for their nutritional needs, which may not all be the same.

As long as I could eat real food, I would.
Glad to see that has changed. When my granddad had his feeding tube, we were told to feed him Ensure every so many hours. I can't remember how many. I know the pain medication was every 4 hours around the clock. Or it may have been 3 hours apart but that was 29 years ago.

Well, Andy, we did have a member who tried convincing us that people didn't need food with flavor and texture, just nutrition. Um, no. As long as my teeth and stomach are still doing their jobs, I'll stick with food I chew.

taxy, I'll be passing on the Soylent, too. More for those who want it!

Papa has a movie I saw that was called Soylent Green I think, yes? But the main ingredient of these pills were people.

We are cooks here who like the good food. I would not wish to taste of anything named of Soylent, it is very odd!

And what also is odd, what is a food replacement? What would one replace food with? Perhaps furniture? This is quite odd.

~Cat

I doubt if I'd even try it.

Taste, texture and flavors of real food are important.

They can't even make imitation crab that actually tastes like crab meat.

I don't think this will fly, even if they change the name.

Oh I have tried of the imitation crab! Uccckkkkkk!

In Romania we have of the imitation lobster and it is very nasty for it tastes of the tuna. You must not need of this!

~Cat

This sure isn't a recent theory.

I thought this futuristic idea was put to rest eons ago when they predicted that people living now would no longer depend on actually eating real food as a part of daily life.
Bull Hocky. Humans want and need the pleasure of eating real food and always will. It's part of being human.

I thought this futuristic idea was put to rest eons ago when they predicted that people living now would no longer depend on actually eating real food as a part of daily life.
Bull Hocky. Humans want and need the pleasure of eating real food and always will. It's part of being human.
Though I agree that eating real food is part of being human, I think it's an interesting idea. The young men who came up with this were living on stuff like ramen and MacDonalds. They are getting better nutrition with this stuff. They also talk about the difference between eating for nutrition and recreational eating. They admit that it will never replace your mum's pot roast.

I want to see what happens when someone tries to live on this stuff for a long time, for years.

Kayelle, I had part of my stomach removed along with the nerves that tell me I am hungry, many years ago. So I can go without eating for days and never get hunger pains. What makes me eat is I miss the taste of food and the act of chewing. Those two things tell me I am still human. :angel:

....plus the fact that you're diabetic and common sense says you should eat a few times a day whether or not you feel hunger pangs? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom