WSM`S IN DENMARK SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
Man Walter sounds like you got it goin' on ;)
Good luck today!

Oh yea got the beer on ice as well !!!!!!! Got to have something while we sit there and smoke cigars and tell large stories , I am hoping my friends ride thier motorcycles up they are gonna teach me to ride em .

brian j said:
WalterSC said:
Might be my first time using the WSM on my own but it sure aint my first time making BBQ !! LOL
i know, and i didn't mean to imply otherwise. perhaps i should have said "have fun" which is more what i meant anyway. :D

I was laughing and making coipes of all the helpful info yall have given a newbie on the WSM THANKS!!!!!! PALS TO THE END.

Bryan S said:
Walter, what the Hell. Is it lit yet? Butts on yet? what's going on in SC today Bud? :D

Sorry have company over its 12:26 and holding at 250 degrees , will check again at 4 AM . do new WSMS have temp spikes its gone over 300 a couple of times , I have adjusted each time ??

They have a tendency to cook hotter because it doesn't have the gunk build up yet...it should steady over your next few cooks!

Make sure your main chamber and you charcoal section are tight...looks for any "out of round" areas...that would make spikes happen because it is letting in air. I had a small problem but kept moving it till I found a nice solid connection...been even ever since!

Now, how about some pictures!! ;)

Greg Rempe said:
They have a tendency to cook hotter because it doesn't have the gunk build up yet...it should steady over your next few cooks!

Make sure your main chamber and you charcoal section are tight...looks for any "out of round" areas...that would make spikes happen because it is letting in air. I had a small problem but kept moving it till I found a nice solid connection...been even ever since!

All kinda why I recommended a "test run" empty when you asked originally.

You'll be fine.... it's just a cooker...and you are MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are way higher up on the food chain!...LOL...
Just kdding, sounds like you have things well under control. Post a few pics for us when you're done!

Greg Rempe said:

Got them out the attic did ya? :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
Are you done yet? ;)

Soory all done , did a all night cook was up all night to make sure nothing got burned up, LOL. Butts came off at 3PM , man those things were falling apart in my hand a little fat left but not much . Niki took pics while I pulled them. My guest never said a word while eating some of the had thier eyes closed while eating, I take that as a good thing. We never did open the sauce that I came up with it as tender as it was and well tasting. I fell asleep right after dinner will down load digital camera sometime tomorrow and figure out how to post the pics .

WalterSC said:
Cliff H. said:
Are you done yet? ;)

Soory all done , did a all night cook was up all night to make sure nothing got burned up, LOL. Butts came off at 3PM , man those things were falling apart in my hand a little fat left but not much . Niki took pics while I pulled them. My guest never said a word while eating some of the had thier eyes closed while eating, I take that as a good thing. We never did open the sauce that I came up with it as tender as it was and well tasting. I fell asleep right after dinner will down load digital camera sometime tomorrow and figure out how to post the pics .

You can do it, we can help. Or maybe Scotty can help. Any way, we want the pics!

You can do it, we can help. Or maybe Scotty can help. Any way, we want the pics![/quote]

While I can do BBQ , its the tec stuff I am new to , LOL. Hey I have to type hunt and peck style , my wife just taught me how to copy and paste for emails!!!!

Greg Rempe said:
I sent you the email, Walter...it is just that EZ!

Yep thanks Greg just getting settled down all the guest have gone with a package of the pulled pork to take home and eat. Am going thru my emails now. ! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom