Wusthof second - Any way of telling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
How do you know if a wusthof knife is a second? Does it have an S like allclad pans? or something else?

I would have thought that one of our resident knife aficionados would have responded by now. I reckon that factory seconds of most any knives are sold, but I am not sure if they are maked as seconds or just marketed under another name.

I have seen reports by people who suspected they had received a second, citing poor edge and finish. No indication that they spotted a suspicious mark. It is difficult to tell if they might be seconds or just lesser grade. Like most other makers, they do make different qualities, and particularly the knife block sets appear to have shipped with some Gourmet quality and some of noticeably lesser quality.

I spent about 20 minutes on the day of the OP googling the subject, and found no satisfactory answers.

My advice is to buy from a reputable supplier that has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

I usually buy from Bed, Bath & Beyond and use a 20% off coupon for my purchases. BB&B has never denied me a return for any reason. "I don't like it" has always sufficed. I'm lucky to have access to nearby brick and mortar stores like BB&B where shipping costs do not apply. It's one of the few reasons I want to live in the "big bad crazy city" like Los Angeles.

Back
Top Bottom