WWIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen while discussing this topic and illegals one thing to keep in mind is that the mightiest empires were not overtake by force but do to economics for example, the Roman Empire, The British Empire, Communist Russia hell even Spain, Portugal, and FRANCE were world powers at some point….They weren’t conquered by invaders but by a changing economic system……..
and I agree with our rights being taken away...

wittdog said:
Gentlemen while discussing this topic and illegals one thing to keep in mind is that the mightiest empires were not overtake by force but do to economics for example, the Roman Empire, The British Empire, Communist Russia hell even Spain, Portugal, and FRANCE were world powers at some point….They weren’t conquered by invaders but by a changing economic system……..
and I agree with our rights being taken away...
I just might like you. 8-[

Can somebody name me one right of their's that has been taken away recently. Everyone says that catch-all, rhetorical phrase, but no one ever backs it up and lists what rights they have lost or that the government has taken away. I'll keep waiting.....

Wittdog, et al:
Please illuminate: What "Right" has been taken away from you?

If you are referring to privacy, please point out where in the Bill of Rights the word "privacy" appears.

Respectfully,
Dave

The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...Absolute power corrupts absolutely.....the White House tries to squash the story about the secret monitoring of various things that the New York Times was reporting on….Look at the “War coverageâ€

Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

Chris, what right was taken away?? You were still able to purchase your gun, you just had to wait for it.

"Have Gun, Will Travel" reads the card of the Pig..... LOL
have-gun-dvd-3.jpg

Finney said:
wittdog said:
The right to smoke in a bar.....They are trying to take away the right to bear arms....The freedom of speech, the right to have a free press corps...
Okay... I don't like you any more. #-o
You didn’t’ like me to begin with… :grin:

Finney said:
Hey.. If I'm mad and want to kill somebody.... I don't want to have to wait 3 days to do it.
Or you can take the 3 days the gov makes you wait and come up with a better plan to kill more people in an efficient manner….Hell being an engineer you would probably need someone else to carry out your plan…. :razz: (Now you really don’t like me)

Your right to extend your arm ends at my nose. Smoking in a bar isn't a "right", that one goes no where.

And I'm a smoker.
Dave

I'm actually an excellent archer. Won many comps years ago. Used to go bird hunting with a bow and did quite well. Always figured that is how I would do it. Harder to trace if you build your own arrows and buy your arrow components from different internet vendors. :!:

If an arrow comes close to getting you... you'll know it wasn't me. 8-[

That's where you and I disagree first if I was able to do something and then the government comes along and passes legislation that says what I used to be able to do is now against the law…..Then it was a “rightâ€

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1dwhyb52]Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

Chris, what right was taken away?? You were still able to purchase your gun, you just had to wait for it.[/quote:1dwhyb52]
I can't buy a AK-47 Or a M-16 Or any auto wepon. It's okay for the government to have them, just not me. :)

Finney said:
I'm actually an excellent archer. Won many comps years ago. Used to go bird hunting with a bow and did quite well. Always figured that is how I would do it. Harder to trace if you build your own arrows and buy your arrow components from different internet vendors. :!:

If an arrow comes close to getting you... you'll know it wasn't me. 8-[
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Back on topic. If the Islamofacists take over, the only rights you will have will be to worship Allah, kill infidels and sell your children into slavery. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :D

[quote="Larry Wolfe":19i0autn][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":19i0autn]Here is a example, I used to shoot trap on a league, my shotgun broke, I went to the gun store to buy a new one while it was in the shop and had to wait 3 days to pick it up. (Brady law) Also I bought my first gun when I was 16 no adult needed no paper work, just a sale. NOT ANY MORE!

Chris, what right was taken away?? You were still able to purchase your gun, you just had to wait for it.[/quote:19i0autn]
I can't buy a AK-47 Or a M-16 Or any auto wepon. It's okay for the government to have them, just not me. :)[/quote:19i0autn]
Well, I'm a "Pro Gun" advocate but I believe the government made the right decission in making possession of fully automatic weapons illegal. They're made for one purpose and one purpose only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom