Your Best Pork Chop Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Ok........I'd love to expand my pork chop recipe collection.......please share your absolute favorite recipe please. I used to have an all time favorite by Campbell's "Zesty Italian Pork Chops" using Italian Tomato Soup but they stopped making the soup and I haven't been able to have this since :( .
I think my favorite is the standard fried Italian Pork Chops.......dip in egg mixture then dredge in Italian bread crumbs......I make my own and fry on medium heat in olive oil with a touch of butter. I brown both sides then finish off in the oven. Super simple but very delicious and moist.

Stuffed Pork Chops
1 1/2C. soft bread crumbs
1/2tsp. salt
2Tbsp. minced green pepper
2Tbsp. minced onion
2Tbsp. melted butter
1 egg, beaten
3/4C. yellow corn
4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Im a smal bowl, combine bread crumbs, sat, green pepper, onion, melted butter, egg, & corn into a stiff stuffing. Cut a slit in each chop & stuff with stuffing. Place chops in a greased baking dish & pour soup over chops. Cover & bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour.

Loin or sirloin chops, preferably bone-in.

Coat each side with garlic, a pinch of salt, a small pinch of ground sage, and a generous amount of ground thyme. Grill them to desired doneness. Grilling over a flame'll carmelize some of the sugars and make for a very nice sweet and sharp flavor.

Vietnamese Pork Chops

Ingredients
500g (1lb or so) pork chops (get the butcher to slice the meat to about 1/4 inch thickness).

Marinade:
5 cloves garlic, smashed
5 shallots, smashed
2 stalks lemon grass, smashed
3-4 tbsp oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
1 tsp crushed ginger
1 tbsp sugar or to taste
1½ tbsp fish sauce
½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil

Garnishing:
Lettuce leaves
Cucumber slices

Method
Pound the pork chop meat slices lightly with the blunt edge of a cleaver to tenderise the meat. If possible buy the meat from an Asian butcher shop and tell them what you are cooking.

Combine marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add in the pork slices and toss well to mix. Set aside in a plastic container to marinate for several hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.

Heat three to four tablespoons oil until hot in a non-stick saucepan, then reduce the heat to low. Remove the smashed shallots, garlic and lemon grass from the pork chops and fry meat until cooked through.

dirty pork chops

4 extra thick pork chops, preferrably t-bone- ish
1 tsp allspice berries
2 tsps black peppercorns
2 tsps garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup hot or sweet pickled peppers (reserving the brine)

combine the allspice and black peppercorns in a mortar and pestle and crush into a rough powder, add the sea salt and garlic powder and blend together. rub the chops sparingly with the spice mix and set aside. prepare a grill, i prefer charcoal for this, not too hot. grill the chops until medium to medium-well, being careful not to burn them, and plate. top the chops with the pickled peppers, my favs are mount olive brand hot banana pepper rings or pepperoncinis (roughly chopped), and splash on a little of the pepper brine (ergo the dirty part, like in a dirty martini). serve with spanish rice and fried sweet plantains.

My favorite pork chop recipe is all of the above with one important substitution. Skip the chop and use ground pork instead. The loin section of the chop is WAY too lean. No matter how you cook it'll have a tendency to be tough, stringy and dry.

Pork chops with italian sausage sauce:

Preparation time about 20 minutes. Cooking time 35 to 40 minutes.

For 4 servings you will need:

Salt & pepper
1 tbs. olive oil
2 sweet Italian sausages (about 1/4 lb.)
1 med onion slivered
1/4 lb mushrooms sliced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 cup dry red wine or broth
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning

Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown well on all sides in oil in a large frying pan. Remove chops from pan and reserve. Pour off and discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the pan drippings. Remove casings from sausages and crumble meat into same pan. Mix in onion and mushrooms. Cook stirring, until onions and sausage brown lightly. Mix in garlic. Return pork chops to pan, spooning sausage mixture over them. Pour in wine or broth and tomato sauce. Sprinkle with herbs. Bring to boiling. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until pork chops are tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve chops with sauce spooned over.

Good served with noodles or other favorite pasta and a green vegetable such as broccoli or green beans.

"Grandma's pork chops' - this is the way she did it - I've never been able to exactly duplicate it, but close!

Make a seasoned flour mixture of flour, s/p, lots of dried sage, a little garlic powder. Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium high, dip pork chops in flour to coat well. Put chops in skillet, cook to brown on each side; drain any x-tra oil, put about 1/4 cup of water in the skillet, cover skillet and lower heat to med. low; cook til done and tender in the middle. Remove lid, turn heat back up to 'crisp' them a little. Remove the chops and make a pan gravy by adding a little oil to the skillet; use some of the leftover flour mixture; cook that up a minute or so, then add water/milk/stock to make a gravy; season the gravy if needed with more s/p and sage.

Re someone's comment about not being able to find loin chops with enuf fat on them anymore - shop around! I found, both in Jersey and here in SC, if I look at the -how do I say this without offending anyone, which I certainly don't mean to do - more ethnically oriented groceries, the pork selection is better, and looks like pork is supposed to look. The high end groceries trim the heck out of their meat to appeal to the 'yuppie' crowd.
Point - shop where the common folk shop!

Pork Chops with Mushroom gravy

4 pork chops
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oil

1. Brown the pork chops in the oil while they are browning, mix the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix together with one can of water.
2. After chops are browned add the mixture to the frying pan with the chops and simmer for about 45 minutes covered. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Bangbang said:

4 pork chops
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oil

1. Brown the pork chops in the oil while they are browning, mix the cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix together with one can of water.
2. After chops are browned add the mixture to the frying pan with the chops and simmer for about 45 minutes covered. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Hey!!! What about that recipe with the cider cream gravy? I was gonna do that one later this week.

Pork chops come out so juicy when dipped in egg-wash, flour, egg-wash, then breadcrumbs. They can then be lightly fried in about an inch of cooking oil until done through, or fried and finished in the oven, or just baked until done. They can be placed atop a rice pilaf, or on a cookie sheet.

I'm going to recomend something just a bit different. Dip the chops into egg-wash, then flour, and fry in oil until lightly browned. Then finish by placing on a cookie sheet and baking for 20 minutes in the oven. While the chops are finishing, pour off as much oil as possible, leaving most of the solid particles in the pan. Deglaze the pan with 3 tbs. dry Sherrie, or Marsala wine (this is strange for me because though I detest the flavor of all alcoholic beverages, this dish tastes good to me). Remove the chops from the oven and place in the pan with the wine. Cover and cook for five additional minutes. Serve with a good wild and brown rice pilaf and a baby spinach salad with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Yum. :D

mudbug said:
Bangbang said:

4 pork chops
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oil

Hey!!! What about that recipe with the cider cream gravy? I was gonna do that one later this week.

Try it and let me know how you like it.

Wow everyone......thanks so much for the great recipes I can't wait to try them out.

Juliev.....what kind of wine do you use? I don't cook with wine.....actually the only kind I've tried that I like (not a lot of experience) is Reunite Lambrusco but I usually end up drinking the whole bottle...... :D

I use burgundy.. but you can use lambrusco.. if you don't wanna use the wine.. use beef broth.

I generally cook pork chops by three methods: On the grill w/ fresh rosemary; braised w/ apples & onions; and a more elegant entrée in which loin chops are served w/ pecan-cream sauce, wild rice, tomatoes stuffed w/ a vegetable vinaigrette, and, of course, hot rolls. For the latter you will need….

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
½ oz. butter
¾ cup minced onion
½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 center-cut loin pork chops, ¾-inch thick
½ cup dry white wine
salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
4 fl. oz. heavy cream
1/3 cup broken pecans
about 3 Tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Heat oil & butter in skillet over med. heat until butter foams. As foams subsides, add onion; sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft, but not browned. Add mushrooms; sauté, stirring, until lightly browned. Remove onion & mushrooms; reserve.

Add pork chops to skillet; increase heat to med-high. Cook chops until browned on both sides. Remove pan briefly from heat; top slightly & spoon off as much rendered fat as possible. Set skillet over low heat; add reserved vegetables, plus the wine, salt, & pepper. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.

Stir cream, pecans, and parsley into sauce mixture; increase heat to med-high. Cook, uncovered until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Transfer chops to warmed serving platter, then pour over the sauce. Serve pronto!

Since I got some pork chops out of the freezer and have not cooked them, I thought I would search for some recipes. Bang, I love cream of mushroom soup. :heart: WayneT's recipe sounds good, also. In fact, they all sound good. Thanks for posting these recipes, everyone. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom