your favorite cake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine is angelfood with sweetened strawberries and REAL whipped cream.

lemon torte with lots of yellow frosting,chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream frosting and a plain vanilla pund cake with an over powering egg and butter taste...

Another difficult question.
1. Turtle cheesecake
2. Coconut cake
3. Angelfood
4. Strawberry or Blueberry topped cheesecake
5. German Chocolate
6. Pretty much any cake with peanut butter frosting

Chocolate cake made with coffee. With fluffy white frosting. Have to confess (head hanging down) I like a lot of the doctored up cake mixes. The chocolate praline and the Harvey Wallbanger cakes are really good.

Meatloaf.

Ok... Im not much for sweets but I do love dark and dense chocolate cake, usually without frosting or with dark chocolate frosting. I also enjoy "pastel de las 3 leches" or "3 milks cake". One time for valentimes day I made an amazing cake too... it was heart shaped and had a layer of dense cake, layer of haggen danz (I softened it a little, pounded it into a cake pan and re froze it), layer of cake, layer of haggen danze, layer of cake and frosting. Man that was good.

choclatechef said:
Pineapple upside down cake!

oh yeah!!! (choclate - have you ever tried Pampered Chef's recipe that they make in the family skillet? Usually I'm not a fan of their recipes, but this one in particular is decadent! Let me know if you'd like me to post)

I'm not a frosting person. I'm the one that scrapes it off (unless it's good cream cheese frosting on mom's carrot cake *thumpershere, you had that right!*. She also puts a tart lemon glaze between the layers.

But favorite cake? hmmm. I like brownies!

pdswife1 said:
Any chance we could get a recipe for this? Pretty please
with coffee beans on top??
pds, sure wish I could get the recipe...My mom use to by this from a bakery in Stockton..They also made a lemon crunch that was wonderful too. The bakery has been out of business for years now, and I wish that I'd asked them for a recipe years ago. I'm sorry.
kadesma:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom