your favorite food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine are beans, but i can't eat them. it's a gaseous problem. :oops:
steak is really good, too. ribeye.

First would be sushi. Next would be lobster and other shellfish. After that, too many to mention :)

i always knew you were a sushi nut. i love it, too. especially white tuna. :)

I pretty much like anything spicy.
Mexican, Thai, Cajun ect......
It really doesn't matter what it's based on, as long as there is some form of animal protein in it. I love vegetables, but I'm definately not a vegetarian.
BTW, Luvs and GB.
What is white tuna sushi?
I've had yellowfin, blue, big eye and long fin, but have never heard of white tuna. Is it a species of tuna or a sushi prep technique?
John.

JohnL said:
It really doesn't matter what it's based on, as long as there is some form of animal protein in it. I love vegetables, but I'm definately not a vegetarian.
BTW, Luvs and GB.
I've had yellowfin, blue, big eye and long fin, but have never heard of white tuna. Is it a species of tuna or a sushi prep technique?
John.

i'm not really sure' jon?
geebs would know better than me. white tuna is excellent.

JohnL said:
John.

There are two that they could most likely be referring to. Hamachi, or yellowfin ,is the higher end of the two. Hamachi has a very pale pink almost whitish color, and has a good fat content. Hamachi is actually not a tuna, but a member of the jack family, but many sushi restaurants mistakenly label, market, and sell it as a type of tuna.

The second of the two is albacore tuna, or tombo. It's the only tuna that can be "allowed" to be classified as a white tuna. It's very mild in flavor, and has a light-dark pinkish color. Tombo has a very mild flavor, and among the more affordable cuts of tuna in sushi restaurants, with the exception of skipjack.

i think i would have to say steak and fried shrimp. but, im sure i can add alot to this list

luvs_food said:
JohnL said:
BTW, Luvs and GB.
John.

i'm not really sure' jon?
geebs would know better than me. white tuna is excellent.

I believe it is a type. I know it is not a preparation.

I just did a quick Google search and came across THIS site. It might give you some more info on white tuna or it might confuse matters even more.

It all depends on my mood. But what comes to mind at the moment includes: pizza, watermellon, any kind of berries, and broccoli.

Thanks for the explanation ironchef, and GB, I like that site.
Looks like I'll have to try some!
John.

bang bang! i love dunkin donuts DONUTS too...i dont like krispy kream at all,they are too sweet,the only thing you taste while eating them is sugar...

Back
Top Bottom