Your favorite foods/drinks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'd like to know what food you go nuts for.

mine are beef bresoala and proscuitto, brie, bleu cheese, and rib-eye steak. tomatoes w/ Kraft cucumber ranch dressing and black pepper are delish, too.
i drink lots of pop, too, and whole milk. :D
oh, and beans and lentils, too! especially great northern beans and black beans. both are good with minced garlic, hot sauce, and pepper of some sort.

luvs,
I love a med rare fillet with blue cheese sauce, I love sauteed mushrooms, homemade ravioli with homemade sauce, baby artichokes with olive oil, a touch of butter, parsley and garlic, Rice in any way shape or what have you..BREAD, BREAD and more BREAD! Home grown tomatoes and cucumbers..Lemon merangue (sp)pie Drinks are mostly iced mango tea, ice water of black coffee..I don't like diet soda they taste like tin cans to me...Once in a great while I do love an icey cold beer and pizza :LOL:
kadesma,
fun topic, thanks
ooops, almost forgot, I adore my dads beans..

Foods I love:

Caviar
Crispy fried soft shell crabs
Filet-o-fish from Mickey D's
Sashimi
Lobster
Shrimp

Drinks I love:

Diet Ginger Ale
Diet Coke
Heinekin
Becks
Lowenbrau
Ciroc vodka
Grey Goose vodka

I think it would be easier if I said the foods I don't like:

Liver
Cream Corn
Canned Peas
Artichoke......about gagged from this one.....ugh!!
Coconut

there is going to be a lot to follow this, but for right now: wine and cheese!.. only two glasses, that's all I can handle

Like sizzlinninn, it is easier to say things I do not like which are

Boxed, canned or frozen already prepared foods of any kind
Lobster or any crab
Organs except chopped chicken livers with bacon and water chestnuts
Strong tasting fish
Mutilated and reformed meats (hot dogs, spam, etc.)
Okra
Watermellon (does not like me)
licorice

tweedee said:
I don't really have a favorite food but I definetly like pizza and spaghetti and my favorite drink is diet dr pepper

that is one diet soda I like.. others are blah!

toast with peanut butter and a large glass of milk.

Hate.....Mac and Cheese
Hate .....Chiltlins and Maws...howmany times do I have to say that? :!:

Love Pie..any freakin pie :!:
Cake......ditto
Cookies...ditto
Pie..cake,cookies wrapped in bacon.

Chauteaubriand softly mooing in the distance...

Ro-Tel Dip.

Liver and Onions... and Haggis!

and bourbon-soaked chocolate-covered cherrries!!!

And I must not forget to mention that I really like lobster dipped in a lemon butter sauce. :D

And then what I go for more then diet dr pepper is Vostok Vodka with either grapefruit juice or orange juice. And it makes me feeeeeeeeeeel just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :P

know what i HATE?
margarine, candied yams, ice cream, almost any dessert out there except for NY style cheesecake, and bell peppers.
i love almost all savory foods, though.
~shudder~... margarine. ugh. just the THOUGHT of that stuff. and it's so unhealthy, too. :?

margarine is hydrogenated oil colored yellow and full of water. it's just not good. now, i know some would disagree, but i am staying firm on this one.
it doesn't even taste like butter. i refuse to eat anything made with that stuff and my boyfriend and i refuse to return to restaurants where they put the stuff out with the bread or toast and won't eat any food they put it on.

luvs_food said:
know what i HATE?
margarine, candied yams, ice cream, almost any dessert out there except for NY style cheesecake, and bell peppers.
i love almost all savory foods, though.
~shudder~... margarine. ugh. just the THOUGHT of that stuff. and it's so unhealthy, too. :?

In all my life, I don't think I've met anybody who hated ice cream. Some were allergic to it or had bad reactions, but they still wanted to eat ice cream. You, my dear, are a first!

Audeo said:
Chauteaubriand softly mooing in the distance...

Ro-Tel Dip.

Liver and Onions... and Haggis!

and bourbon-soaked chocolate-covered cherrries!!!
Audeo, I use and really like Ro-Tel tomatoes, Can you tell me about the dip?
kadesma

Hey, kadesma! Ro-Tel Dip is a staple food for college kids (I've been adicted since) and is soooo bad for you, I'm certain. Real simple recipe:

Take one 2-pound loaf of Velveeta Cheese, slice it into hunks and place in either a crockpot or a microwave-safe bowl. Pour one full can of Ro-Tel tomatoes in the variety of your choice, heat, stir together to blend and Voila! I prefer serving mine with Frito Scoops chips, but remember using Ruffles back in school.

#1 Son prefers his variation that combines Velveeta with a whole can of Wolf Brand Chili (no beans). My middle age won't allow me near that stuff for more than a taste!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom