Your favourite jacket (baked) potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like them just about any way they are served.

I do like them overcooked so the skin/crust gets to be about a quarter of an inch thick.

In the winter I like them buttered with a poached egg and coarse black pepper.

The leftovers make the best home fries. I assume this is because of the lower water content.

Growing up we had potatoes three times a day. Now I am lucky to have them once a month!

Hi Irish :)
I'm from South Africa and we bake our potatoes in foil in the oven, then fill them with curried mince topped with cheese or spinach and cheese bechamel etc.
I like putting crispy bacon, cheese and chives in mine and sticking them under the grill. Another nice filling is tinned tuna mixed with mayo and sweetcorn, topped with cheddar and grilled till cheese gets brown and bubbly! Yum!

I actually had a baked potato last night loaded with all the fixin's of a taco. awww yeah. baked potacos!

Personally I like potatoes as a substitute for rice. So a really lovely, crispy skinned tata with chilli and cheese or stew or a thai curry is amazingly tasty.

That or for lunch with cheese and beans, or with tuna mayo and sweetcorn, or with humous and sliced tomatos.

So yeah, tatoes are tasty :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom