Yucky food thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzdee

Assistant Cook
is there something that you CANNOT understand why people eat it?Please post it here,,,,can be anything at all foodwise...a condiment...a dish...a recipe...your dads fried eggs,,,mcdonadls salads...really anything
a food so vile to you if it were between starving or eating it,,,you very well may choose starving,,,lol
its just for fun...so lets have fun
Ill start
olive loaf
mayo
egg salad

Cauliflower. No one eats it unless it's smothered in something to hide the lack of flavor.

Cauliflower. No one eats it unless it's smothered in something to hide the lack of flavor.
awww...i love cauliflower...lol
raw,,,cooked,,,
i know most people find it horrid tough.we prolly have it once a week at my house

Lima beans and chickpeas. I like a lot more vegis than most folks I know, but I just can't stand those two.

Craig

Fish Taco's :sick::sick::sick: I just had some pre-vomit salivation in my mouth just typing that! Call it a Fish Wrap and I am ok with that. I just associate Taco's with meat.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Brussels Sprouts...horrid stuff!

Second that. Also, Sweet potatoes with marshmallows, liver and onions. Blech.

Love fish tacos, especially in Mexico.

LOL when I read the title of this thread I thought you'd be talking about grub ranging from the exotic to the unmentionable. FWIW I like all the 'yucky' items listed here and so here's my idea of truly "yucky" food, all of which are for "real" and consumed daily by millions.
Still beating cobra heart accompanied by a glass of cobra blood
this from Taipei's "Snake Alley", and while we're there, another absolutely yucky item they love is 'stinky tofu'. It makes durians smell like roses!
And from Sardinia, the oh so delectable 'casu marzu' cheese which comes complete with live maggots that jump at your eyes.
Then there are 'eyeballs', from fish to lamb and other animals, served up in all sorts of yucky ways.
But must admit to trying and 'liking' Rocky Mountain oysters, so LOL guess it's a matter of degree as to what is yucky and what isn't.
And have also eaten cooked "dead" insects and bugs, but never when they're still alive and kicking, the way millions enjoy them...YUCK!

With the exception of fish tacos (which I found terribly bland) I like all the foods mentioned so far.

The two I don't understand why anyone would eat them are caviar and escargot. They even had to give them fancy names because who would want to eat fish eggs and snails if not tricked into it?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

With the exception of fish tacos (which I found terribly bland) I like all the foods mentioned so far.

The two I don't understand why anyone would eat them are caviar and escargot. They even had to give them fancy names because who would want to eat fish eggs and snails if not tricked into it?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

You just haven't had the right fish tacos!;) I like both caviar and snails. I'd love to try sea urchin, but I believe the ones folks eat are from cold water and the ones from our warm waters would not be good. BTW, there is now snail egg "caviar", anybody game?:rolleyes:

Craig

One word....tripe.

For those who don't like Brussels Sprouts, try them roasted, they have a much better flavor.

One word....tripe.

For those who don't like Brussels Sprouts, try them roasted, they have a much better flavor.
I'm with you on tripe.

Cold, marinated Brussels Sprouts are also good if you don't like the cooked flavor.

I like Brussels Sprouts, but you want to find small tender ones. When they are too big, they are often strong and bitter.

I'm with you on tripe.

Cold, marinated Brussels Sprouts are also good if you don't like the cooked flavor.

I like Brussels Sprouts, but you want to find small tender ones. When they are too big, they are often strong and bitter.

The Brussels Sprouts have to be small and tender...so I can swallow them whole without tasting them.:ROFLMAO:

Most everything mentioned so far is OK. A few things, such as tripe I don't like, but I wouldn't call "yuck" and be willing to eat if offered as a guest.

My "yuck"... never to pass my lips, is: Blood Sausage, poi or hominy. :yuk:

i made a cauliflower mash for a side last night. lots of butter mashed in, a little garlic powder and pepper, paprika. then through in so shredded cheese. wonderful and much lower cal. than potatoes.

the one i think is yucky is beef liver. had a bad experience in childhood. won't touch it. in the eye of the beholder, i guess.:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom