zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bienallo

Assistant Cook
:? On the weekend at the farmers market I bought some thumb size zucchini. They are so beautiful to look at! I've done the sauteed onion and garlic thingie and wonder if anyone has an idea for me. Keep in mind they are really small so keeping them whole seems the route to go. Anyone have any brainwaves out there? Thanks in advance if you do.

I know this isn't far off what you have done, but these are good!
Also you could just boil them in some stewed tomatoes...anyhow, here you go.

BABY ZUCCHINI BOATS

Tender and moist with pungent, crunchy tops, these neat little vessels are terrific.

1 tbl butter
2 tsp garlic, chopped
4 small zucchini and/or summer squash, about 6 inches long, halved lengthwise
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese

Preheat the broiler.
Melt the butter in large cast-iron skillet.
Add garlic and saute over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds.
Place the zucchini halves face-down in garlic butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Saute over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until zucchini are just slightly tender when poked gently with a fork.
Turn the zucchini over and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
Cook just a minute or two longer and transfer skillet to the broiler.
Broil for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Good Luck!

When I find these little 'bonsai vegetables', I just steam them til crispy tender, and serve with a little melted butter and salt. Let the veggies stand alone!

Yikes, if they're thumb sized, I'd just saute them, or steam the whole, as suggested by Marmalady. A little butter or olive oil and salt & fresh ground pepper...you can't go wrong...

i would say put them in a jar with vinegar, small red chili pepper chopped soak in 3 garlic cloves and rice vinegar and refrigerate and preserve

Back
Top Bottom