11 January Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made chicken and rice.
The rice is made with chicken broth and after the chicken is removed from the roaster I add the rice to the roaster with sauted chopped onions and green peppers and add Mrs. Weiss' soup to make the rice a little soupy.
This has been my birthday meal for as long as I can remember.......and that's a long time! lol My mom used to make it for me every year. It's still a favorite. We also had chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for dessert.

Barb

I made chicken and rice.
The rice is made with chicken broth and after the chicken is removed from the roaster I add the rice to the roaster with sauted chopped onions and green peppers and add Mrs. Weiss' soup to make the rice a little soupy.
This has been my birthday meal for as long as I can remember.......and that's a long time! lol My mom used to make it for me every year. It's still a favorite. We also had chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for dessert.

Barb

I am a little confused. Do you cook the rice before you add it to the roaster and and the soup??

I'm so full from breakfast I can't even begin to think about tonight's dinner. I made a batch of these cinnamon rolls yesterday. Omigosh, are they good!

What I should really do is finish the roast leg of lamb that's in the refrigerator. It was "dinner surprise" on Friday. Took it out of the freezer thinking it was roasted pork butt. Didn't matter. I like leg of lamb too. My friend sent me home with a big plate of fried crappy last night, so those should be eaten soon. Hmmm, what to do.

I have these cinnamon rolls in the fridge doing the slow rise to be baked tomorrow. I used "Princess Cake Flavor" from King Arthur Flour instead of Vanilla. I don't have any cream cheese on hand, so I am just making a icing with powdered sugar and milk. I will decide in the am if I will use vanilla extract or maple flavoring. I am already planning my next batch, I will use "Flori Di Sicilia" flavoring for the vanilla. It has orange & vanilla taste(also from King Arthur Flour). Hmmmm. I wonder how white sugar and Myers Lemon Zest would work as the filling? I am going to have fun with this..........

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! Your dinner looks awesome! What kind of bread is that on the side, unless I missed something? Your salad looks wonderful, especially with all that mozz. and black olives! :)

Thanks Vanilla! I made the bread from a tube of Pillsbury Pizza Crust that I had on hand. Unrolled the crust brushed it with EVOO, spread chopped garlic (the kind from a jar), and grated parmesian cheese on, then folded it in-half and brushed the top with more EVOO and sprinkled on more grated parm and baked it according to the directions. It wasn't too bad for a through together bread.

I am a little confused. Do you cook the rice before you add it to the roaster and and the soup??

Sorry for the confusion. Yes you cook the rice first and then add it to the roaster to pick up all the chicken bits and flavor, then add the sauted vegetables and soup.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom